Canon MX330-Not sure how to reset the ink/page meter for manual refill

zeth006

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a Canon PIXMA MX330 but have searched everywhere for instructions on how to reset the page/ink counter so that I can manually refill the kit on my own when needed without my printer repeatedly insisting that the cartridge is still empty. Anyone have tips?

EDIT1: Any reset chips I can buy and install? Printer uses a PG-210 cartridge for black.
EDIT2: Wondering whether the blue and/or red resetters that're available on eBay and advertised to work with other cartridges/printers will work for my cartridge despite its being relatively new.

jamorama

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Try holding the "stop" button for 5 seconds; It should essentially disable ink monitoring and continue printing despite its sensors indicating no ink.

User1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yeah pressing the "stop" button doesn't do anything with this printer. There's nothing in "advanced settings" that would stop this from metering the usage.

I went ahead and bought a printer cartridge for this cause I needed to print some stuff up today. I'll keep pursuing this cause I'm not crazy about buying this cartridges retail. I'm hoping I can just refill the cartridges before they start giving the "low ink" warning. I doubt that would happen without turning off metering.

I got some time now to figure out what I'm going to do. I might even go with running Linux if it turns off metering.