Canon MX300 reset ink levels

marios1000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi there i have a Canon MX300, i refilled succesfully the cartridge, but how can I reset the ink level?
I 've tried the method with covering horizontally the first and then the second pins but doesn't works.
Oh, it was so easy with my old HP...............

Thanks in advance.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
The newer the printer, the harder it becomes :(

marios1000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If I refill but don't reset the ink levels, when the ink meter goes to zero, despite the messages will it stop printing?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Marios - the newer Canon printers that have chips on the cartridges will not reset or monitor ink levels for any except Canon OEM new carts. You will have to check them visually. Be sure that they don't run dry as you will damage the printhead. The trick you mention is only for certain HP carts from what I've read.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score

marios1000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
thx for the help, but unfortunatelly there is nothing we can do about it. I tried everything, but resultless...... :-(

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Manuchau said:
Not so...there is a software tool which you can use to reset the pg-40 and cl-41 series successfully., as well as the 30-31 and 50-51 series.

Here are the links

For ip series ink level reset.....
http://printer-resetter.slayo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ip-tool.rar

for mp series reset

http://printer-resetter.slayo.com/w.../restore-ip6210d-ip6220-mp150-mp170-mp450.rar
Manuchau, I have visited this site and am unable to decide exactly what this re-setter does. ?
Does it re-set waste ink tank full counter (using eeprom software) ?
Or does it re-set / restore cartridge ink level monitoring ?
I suspect its the first one , but if its the second that would be the Holy Grail and should be possible on all models.
Thanking you in anticipation of your clarification,
regards Headphonesman

winston

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Erm... pretty easy to reset the ink level. But it might result your computer unable to read your chips inside the refilled catridge. If so, try again from step 1 to 16.
1. Disconnect the power cable
2. Connect it while holding down the power button
3. With the power button still down, press twice the "Cancel/Stop" red button
4. Release the power button
5. The printes turns into a kind of factory mode...(wait for about 10 seconds, utils it says "Idle")
6. Press the ">" (next to the "OK" button) once."Shipping Mode 3"
7. Press the "OK" button.
8. Press "OK" again for "Without cleaning"
9. A test page will print..
10. Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.
11. Disconnect the power cable again.
12. Take out both cartridges.
13. Close the cover.
14. Connect the power cable once again.
15. Turn the printer on.
16. Now just put the cartridges back...

rogert

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have had a canon MX300 for about 18 months & have refilled the original carts many times. The 1st time that the ink ran low, the alarm light came on & a warning came up when I tried printing. After that, I held the "reset" button down for about 10 seconds, the alarm light went out & everything went back to normal, except it still shows "low ink" if I check the carts. No big deal ! When the printing looks like I am getting low on ink, I pull the cart out, refill it, stick it back into my printer & I'm good for another couple of months. I think this worrying about the ink level indication is for nothing. The printing will tell you when to refill the carts, just don't continue printing before l you refill the carts.
Rogert

RobOnBusiness

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Winston - thanks for the MX300 ink level reset procedure post - it works perfectly!