Canon MX258 810/811 cartridges chipped?

Barns

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I've already posted this in the continuous flow section but think that may have been the wrong section to post it in, I'm not quite sure if mine counts as refills or continuous flow, in fact I'm not really sure what's meant by continuous flow so I thought I'd ask here! Please delete this or the other one if it's inappropriate.

Basically, I bought a brand new Canon MX258 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier with an already-attached tank system installed which refills the cartridges as you go along but after about 40 prints I got the dreaded E05 error and the software says it cannot recognise the print cartridges so my nice new printer won't do anything now. It takes 810 and 811 cartridges and I was wondering if these had chips in them and whether you could buy chip resetters for such cartridges? Is there any other way around the problem? I really can't afford to buy new cartridges every time.

I've cleaned and wiped everything several times, restarted it all several times, reseated the cartridges several times etc etc and nothing works. Everything is clean and the contacts etc are in perfect condition since it's brand new.

Thanks in advance.