Canon MX 320 not accepting refilled PG210 after the 2nd time

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I tried refilling the cartridges PG210 & CL211 inside my Canon MX 320, it goes well for 2 refills,
however on the third time after I refilled, an error code 'U051' appeared on the little LED screen says
'Check ink U051 clo blk'. The printer worked the first two times by pushing down on the stop/reset button for 5 seconds but not this time. I tried another pair of cartridges from another printer (MP240) which have been refilled
a few times and still working, the same problem showed up. Does this mean I have to buy a pair of brand new
OEM Canon cartridges after 2 refills on this particular model?
I tried putting the printer into service mode and tried the resetting counter method etc.
and none help. Anyone any suggestions?

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I post this for a few days, and I can see a lot of people had look at it but not getting one single reply, is it because nobody knew about this, haven't had this experience or nobody have any idea. The printer is a very popular one and a lot of other Canon printers use the PG210 cartridge. Would appreciate if some body share their experience.

costigan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I also have refill issues with the MX 320 but the cartridges are pg510 blk and pg511 col. So far they have refilled and worked o k (twice only so far) but I can't get rid of the low ink warning which directs incoming faxes to memory. They print ok from there. Is there a resetter or suchlike that is available that you know of??
As for your cartridges not working (not recognised?) my experience with other Canon printers has been dirty terminals/contacts. I resorted to new cartridges and they have been refilled many times since with no problems (they were pg 40 for canon mp210)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ltsang..

Sorry to hear youre not getting any help on here. So try this, buy a new set of canon cartridges and when they run out put back in your current set which should work again. You need to rotate your cartridges and not keep putting back in the same ones all the time. That way you will always have a spare set on hand..
;)

lphamelin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi

i buy mx 320 today. i will order ink if this things work.

Someone post this for Canon mx 300 (its supposed to works for the mx328 too) :

1- Switch off the Canon MX300 and disconnect the power cable.

2- While press and hold the power button, Connect the power cable to electric socket.

3- While pressing the power button, press the Cancel/Stop button (red button). (press TWICE che stop\cancel button)

4- Now release the power button and the printer turns into a kind of factory mode. Wait for 10 seconds until it says idle.

5- Press > (next button) once Shipping Mode 3? then Press the OK button. Press OK again for without cleaning. A test page will print.

6- Open the cover, like you are about to change the cartridges.

7- Disconnect the power cable again without switch off the printer.

8- Take out the both cartridges.

9- Close the cover.

10- Connect the power cable and turn on the printer.

11- Now just put the cartridges back and the ink level in the canon Pixma MX300 have full again.

is it working?

you can try this too:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4707