Canon MP980; Ink Level Cannot be recognized...

polishadonis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have refilled all the ink except for the elusive gray, but two of the cartridges can not be read even though they are now full. The funny thing is that it worked right after i refilled them all teh first time and when some of the ink got half way two of the cartridges just can not read the ink level, giving me error message u140 I believe. This error screen doesn't go away and the printer is useless right now.

Do I just need to change the two cartridges or is there a fix with resetting the level or at least turning off the level sensor?

Or, should I get these refill cartridges for the printer: http://cgi.ebay.com/-CANON-MP990-MP...temQQimsxZ20091028?IMSfp=TL091028198003r27196

I think Canon is not making the right move in prohibiting ink refills like this. Plus I should be able to print whenever I want no matter if it thinks there is not ink, at least be able to use the scanner meanwhile, which I can't.

Thanks in advance and I hope I can get this printer going again.:cool:

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Make sure the chip is clean and free from any ink

If you have OEM Carts use them cos you won't find any better just replace the chip with an Auto Reset one

polishadonis

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Not really sure what that means? Use the orginal carts but change the chip?

Which chip?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The autochips from the refill cartridges, but could you wait a few weeks, because Peach is relasing a resetter for these types of cartridges and it will cost about 15/US$ 22.50. The reason is that original cartridges are far superior in building quality, because of the double density sponge material, not seen in aftermarket cartridges and will last much longer than any aftermarket cartridges and ink flow is much more steady and controlled.

You can refill your original cartridges using the German Durchstich refill method. This topic is made by me:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4315