Canon MP830 6A00 Error

bs1231

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hey there, well I could sure use some help. Thanks in advance for reading this.

I've read through all the Canon 800 posts, cleaned everything I can with Windex and qtips. All spring loaded parts on the right side seem to be moving properly, and pads and wipers appear intact. Nothing looks broken or out of place. I've done all my work with the cover on using qtips and needle nose pliers. Quite a mess since this printer has never been cleaned.

I'm a refiller, drill the 1/8 hole and use the plugs. After each 4 oz bottle of ink, I refresh the cartridge with a new one. That has saved me hundreds of dollars over the years.

I was not printing anything when the error occured, so there is no paper jam.

It must of gone into some self cleaning mode? It just started making an odd banging/clunk/weird noise all by itself.

I've tried restarting it many times as well. Every time the print head just sits there...does not even attempt to move to the right. It moves up and down with that round bar at every reboot, but that is it.

I appreciate any advice from you experts.

Thanks!
Brad

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
The last time I was getting that error and the same behavior was the purge unit, just push the pads downwards, it should be working from the moment you do that after a turn off/on. To get rid of that problem I had to disassemble the printer and I found a tiny piece of plastic under the pads.
I am never getting the same error again.