Canon MP780 is printing in blue rather than black !

nascarfan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried Canon no-support and asked what I might do. Told them I didn't want to hear, take it to a service center. They did come back with instructions which were the same as I've gotten off the
web site. When I sent it back asking for further help, I was told they could not give it. So much
for Canon. When I do have to replace it I'm going to try to find a company who really give support.

I read several posts and have done the following. Ran the hot water through the print head until it was clean. Let it dry 1 1/2 days then tried printing. Came out blue. Did all the maitenance options 3 times. When doing the Nozzle Check or Print Test Page, color come out fine but where black should be it's a light blue. I checked and re-checked the settings.

In reading posts here I learned of purge unit. Did that to the best of my ability. But no black, just
blue.

Any suggestions on what I should do next ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
nascarfan
First of all it would help if we knew a bit more about your setup.
Its a Canon ok, with which cartridges, inks, refilling, age, type of printing you do etc.
Explain the purge unit test you did and so on, the more details you give the better.
Until you get your printer working it would be advisable not to print anything
other than a nozzle check as you clearly have a problem with your pigment black ink.. ;)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
There are two black cartridges in the MP780. The wide one prints at the top of the nozzle check as a grid pattern. The narrow one prints at the bottom of the nozzle check as a solid block of color. Which one is coming out blue on the nozzle check?