Canon MP760 (same engine as ip4000) Last Inch of print ligher!!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
d86 - That notice on page 108 of the manual is just plain crazy! Canon sells a printer for which they won't guarantee the last inch of print quality? I've got a new car to sell them, but I won't guarantee that it will work for the last five miles of a one hundred mile trip! Please keep us informed regarding their follow-through and quality of prints on the replacement unit.

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After a lengthy discussion with the service manager and with me threatening to never sell another Canon product for as long as I live, Canon have agreed that my machine has indeed developed a fault, and that this is not acceptable behaviour of their flagship all in one to mess up the last inch of the print, regardless of what it says on page 108 of my manual!

They will be replacing it with another 760 if they have one in stock, if not it will have to give me one of the new 800's which I'm not happy with as they take the new cartridges that aren't re-fillable.

I'll keep you informed, they havent actually been able to tell me yet what happened to the printer or what has caused the fault.

Regs,

D

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Right, my new MP760 arrived today, I unpacked it, set it up etc. Guess what, same problem. So I looked over all previous photos and they all seemed ok, EXCEPT any heavy blues. When I inspected all of my prints VERY closely I noticed the same lines as on the pic I posted, but only if blue was present (ie greens etc with blue in)
Does anyone have the ip4000, have you noticed similar or is this going to be a problem with the 760?

In which case does anyone else have a 760 with this problem?

Regards,

Dan

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
How the hell can canon produce a printer dedicated to printing photo's and say its acceptable to make a pigs ear out of the last inch of the page.

therut

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Pixma 4200 and am experiencing the exact same problem as described by d86cfv.

Has anybody heard of / found a solution to this problem?

TIA,

Sander