Canon MP760 color shifting & banding

IanB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Stuart, I'm in Melbourne (Flemington to be exact), so if you know anyone nearby, I will check with them first.

Thanks, Ian

windsup

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
IanB - Did the replacement printhead work??? I have _exactly_ the same problem with a MP780. :(

windsup

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an almost identical nozzle check pattern...

5640_002.jpg

IanB

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi windsup,

Sorry not to have updated here before now!

I took the printer to a place in Carlton that gets quotes on Canon printer repairs for free, and they told me that my printer blew up their test printhead too! At that stage I certainly didn't think it was worth getting a new printhead. I ended up buying a secondhand MP760 on EBay, which although it appears to have had a harder life than mine (which was only used about once/week), has done OK, and I have kept my old printer in case we need some mechanical spares later.

I'd be interested to know what inks you were using when the printer gave up - I was using Printec Imaging replacement cartridges I bought on EBay, that appeared to work well but were very cheap. (Says Cartridge made in China, Ink made in USA). Obviously Canon would say it was the ink that caused the problem, but I'm skeptical if it's an electrical problem. The secondhand printer I bought came with bottles of ink to refill the cartridges, and so far no problems.

Good luck, IanB