Canon MP610 won't print black on CD/DVD's, only on paper!

miket100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip7220
You can't. You can clean and deep clean either the pigment black or the dye CMYK group or both, You cannot clean a single dye colour.
Didn't work. I ordered a new print head and it still won't print black on my dvd's. The only thing that will work is to buy a new printer. This same problem has happened on my ip7220 and my mg6220. What is going on with these canon printers? Using all new canon ink means nothing..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Could you upload a nozzle check, please? There seems to have been a problem with dye (photo) black with three different printers so what cartridges do you use? and was the printhead bought from China?

miket100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip7220
Could you upload a nozzle check, please? There seems to have been a problem with dye (photo) black with three different printers so what cartridges do you use? and was the printhead bought from China?
the printers will not print a nozzle check. that part of the setup is blank and the colors are fine. the new print head is a canon and the cartridge is a canon 226 black. I'm telling you every one of my canon printers (4 now) all crapped out like this. Nothing worked except to buy a new printer. It seems to me it is in the electronics of the printer.

miket100

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip7220
My mg6220 worked once when i put a new print head in it, but in a few months it stopped printing the black 226 cartridge and when i put in yet another head it refused to print. I just keep this 6220 as a copy machine and printing regular text and letters etc.. After all these canon printers failing the same way, i believe it is a problem with the printers or a deliberate built in function by canon to get you to buy another printer from them.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
all these canon printers failing the same way,
Did you never think the most common factor in your Canon ink issues is you..
98% of all ink problems in a Canon printer is the cartridges, so are using new OEM carts or refilled ones.. ?

I’ve had ten Canon printers and not one of them did what you’ve describe, it’s got to be something you’re doing that’s causing all your issues.. Are you by any chance using cheap refurbished print heads off EBay

P.S... All Canon printers can print a nozzle check..