Canon MP610 Printer spits ink

Shanskie

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Ferny - I did reach trigger37 via email. If you go to the search box above and type in trigger37, it gives you a way to email him directly. I showed him your video link. He has a repair manual that he sells for $15 (along with virtual help) to teach you how to disassemble the whole printer and take care of the issue. He thinks it's a tube that has become clogged in conjunction with the purge unit. He thinks it will be worth the effort and very fixable - even if I have to replace the purge tank for $30 or so. Better than buying a new printer!! He seems like he knows his stuff! Good luck!

ferny

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I posted a video in this thread back in April. I have since gotten instructions from trigger37 that helped me take apart the whole printer (and it was a pretty big job), and found that there was thickened ink down in the pads that was blocking up the output tube. I cleaned the pads (wish I had ordered new ones, as this was a long and messy job), and the printer has been working great since then.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ferny said:
I posted a video in this thread back in April. I have since gotten instructions from trigger37 that helped me take apart the whole printer (and it was a pretty big job), and found that there was thickened ink down in the pads that was blocking up the output tube. I cleaned the pads (wish I had ordered new ones, as this was a long and messy job), and the printer has been working great since then.
Thank you for reporting back to us and congratulations on a job well done, good on you mate.. :thumbsup