Canon MP610 and 300gsm card

ruggz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Canon MP610, but wondered if it is capable of printing on 300gsm card?

I don't want to go and buy one if it can't as I tried on my current Epson R300 and it will not feed the 300gsm through.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I tried feeding something close to that weight of card through a Canon iP4300 and found that whilst it would do it, it required pressure on the back end of the card and almost a bend in the card to get it to feed.

We printed out our wedding RSVP cards this way but I'll be honest it wasn't something I'd want to risk again.... and in fairness I doubt very much if you'll find a printer capable of taking that weight without a fight...

The HP K8600 is capable of handling it but it depends on the card texture and surface as the paper feed can be notoriously unreliable.

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
300gsm???? Jeeps as Websnail says, you'd be struggling to get that thru most or all inkjets surely?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hmm, 250g/m2 work fine on my ip6700D I doubt I could not put 50gsm more? Plain paper is 80-90gsm so 50gsm would be very thin paper.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Smile said:
Hmm, 250g/m2 work fine on my ip6700D I doubt I could not put 50gsm more? Plain paper is 80-90gsm so 50gsm would be very thin paper.
There's always a breaking point though ;)...

ruggz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Suppose on the plus side if i did buy it, tried it and it bust it would be under warranty.....................lol

plead ignorance!!!!

:lol:

DomtheMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Its not likely to bust it tho, more likely to refuse to feed it?

ruggz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well I got it and guess what..........................................it feeds it without hesitation from the rear paper feed.

Brucey Bonus...............:D

just set it up to prevent paper abrasion and the maximum time between prints for the ink to dry and it is going through them quite happily.

ruggz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Next question is how far will I be able to drop kick the old R300?

:lol::p