Canon MP600 printing horizontal lines

klewman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
When I print photos on my Canon MP600, the picture looks as if its made of bands of color. There are these horizontal bands that aren't noticeable from a distance but are obvious when the picture is viewed closely. I thought it was just an ink level problem but I switched the cartridges and deep cleaned the nozzles but I'm still getting this problem.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you very much

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
What ink and paper are your using? What are the settings on your printer? Can you scan an image showing the problem at about 300 ppi and crop out a section at about 600x600 pixels? Use the "Upload" feature at the top of the page to post the cropped image.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printerenquirer - while this post is undoubtedly intended to be humorous, it does not help to solve klewman's problem. In addition, your multiple posts fall into two catagories. The first has to do with printer repairs. Previous posts by several participants have covered issues about Canon printheads and data you can get as reports from the printer firmware by using keypress codes. For most other repair issues you will need to go to fixyourownprinter or purchase repair manuals. The second catagory of your posts is about information that already exists on this forum - I'll respectfully ask you to look for what has already been covered.

MikeStevens38

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have the same problem as klewman, my Canon IP5000 is printing 0.50cm horizontal lines. I don't understand either of the answers below his request. I'm absolutely new to this, so how do I find an answer to the problem. I have used the "search" facility to no avail. I entered the term "horizontal lines" into the search ox.

Thank you in advance

Mike

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Mike :)

1. It's always best to start your own thread so that your issues can be focused on exclusively
2. Be sure to include some background...

How much use has the printer seen
Are you printing in Standard or High Quality
What paper type
Type of ink you are using
A scan of your nozzle check output
A scan of the defective image
What if any cleaning attempts have you tried
Have you done an alignment

I got over a page of hits on those terms

MikeStevens38

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Apologies jflan. I thought my problem was related to the original post here. I'll start a new thread if & when I use this again.

The printer is 2 years old. Not too much use, only personal stuff
I've tried standard and high quality
I'm using non OEM ink, and have been doing so from the same supplier for all the printer's life
I've done a nozzle check scan and the test page looks OK. It's phtos that have the horizontal bands problem.
I've carried out many, many deep cleaning cycles and many normal cleaning cycles. I've not attempted to wipe the printhead. I don't really know how to do that.
I have done an alignment.

Thank you for your help

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You may be having a problem similar to one I had with my ip6000D a while ago. I was getting banding in the print colors of photos. My problem was that I had accidentally set the print resolution in the printing program I use (Qimage) to a lower value than usual. When I reset it back to the 600 ppi setting all was well. Make sure you didn't change a setting in whatever print program you use. If the resolution is too low, setting the print driver to high quality won't fix it. Try printing out of different programs as a check.

Steve W.

MikeStevens38

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Steve

Thank you for that suggestion. I'll investigate, when i'm near my printer & then let you know the outcome.

Mike