Canon MP600 printhead replacement problems

Norti

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP600
Around half a year ago my MP600's printhead started to die.
At the moment the noozle check pattern looked this way:
p1.jpg

A few weeks ago before it died completely it looked this way:
p2.jpg

Then the printer started to show "The type of printhead is incorrect install the correct print head" message.
So I bought a replacement Canon QY6-0061 printhead and installed it. The error message disappeared, but the unit still doesn't print properly.
Here are a couple of noozle check patterns I get now:
p3.jpg

p4.jpg

And that's what I get if I try to make a copy of that old pattern image:
p5.jpg

p6.jpg

Both of those copies printed in the color copy mode - I have no idea why it prints them in random color, not to mention the stripes. If I try to make it B/W I just get blank sheets.

I tried the cleaning and deep cleaning and they didn't help. I also tried the print head alignment and it says "an error occured during automatic print head alignment". And if I try to make a manual one it just prints me a blank sheet.

Any ideas?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Norti,

I don’t want to say but, it looks like you’ve got yourself a duff print head that was dead long before you bought it, maybe the seller will give you a refund..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This could be a malfunctioning logic board in the printer for which a new print head will not help and may itself become damaged by the logic board.

You could try cleaning the contacts in the printer and the print head with isopopyl alcohol and a lint free cloth or use a soft pencil eraser.