Canon MP560 PGBK Problem

mrmin123

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all. I recently purchased a Canon Pixma MP560 off of amazon and I've been having some issues with it, mainly the PGBK ink. When I used it the first time the black seemed very faded but I figured it was because I was using draft mode. My next print (draft mode), however, ended up being this:

A little concerned, I did a nozzle test print and got this:

No PBGK! But cartridge is in! No flashing lights on the printerhead!

I ran through the simple clean maintenance on the printer and printed a test print again. PGBK was back now. So I think to myself that I fixed the problem and I go merrily printing again. Well, the 6th page of my next document comes out like this:

I do a deep clean this time around and print another document, and it does the same thing about 5 or 6 pages in.

Can anyone help me with this? I'd really rather not have to do a cleaning routine every 5 pages so I can get some black ink on my prints.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Are you using Canon OEM cartridges or are you using compatibles?

mrmin123

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm using the official cartridges that came with the printer.

mrmin123

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is that pretty much the only option I have at this point? Nothing that I can clean/fix up at home? :(

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
The only other option since I don't think you're familiar with the in's and outs of the Canon's cartridge and print carriage construction would be to buy a new Canon pigment black cartridge and try it out. If it's still bad then you're only recourse is warranty.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Even if you could fix it on your own, why not take advantage of getting a new printer under warranty or at least getting it repaired under warranty? Actually, there is one potential problem with getting a new printer under warranty--they might send you a later but inferior model so ask about this if you do call Canon's service department.