Canon mp560 fault... help!!

Milie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mp560
Hi,

My mp560 has a fault and I don't know how to fix.

I was printing and the dreaded b200 code came up and stopped the printer printing.

At first the printer wouldn't power on. It recently did and dislayed the b200 code again.

Now the printer will not get to the menu screen, it just shows the canon logo for a few secs the switches off. I can enter service mode but it doest show a menu or say idle, and powers off after a few seconds,

Please help

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, Milie.

The B200 error code typically concerns a bad print head. Usually, replacing the print head resolves the issue. A big issue here is that it may be near impossible to find a new print head. There are used print heads, typically sourced from China. There are even print heads that are advertised as "new" but they are most likely in counterfeit packaging. What ever you purchase is a real crap shoot for functionality and longevity.

Additionally, other issues may be occurring simultaneously for you, such as with the fleeting power situation you describe. This could be due to a failing power supply or a short in a wire or tracing somewhere outside the power supply, or a failing electronic component, such as on the logic assay board. Tracking down the issue or issues could be a laborious and relatively expensive issue depending how easily you are able to source parts.

Depending on your desires to tackle the unknown, you might be better off retiring your MP560, happy with the long service she provided, and purchasing a new printer.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@The Hat - not forgotten, just waiting for OP to signal intent.

By all means, introduce the Maxify. Don't forget your image quality link! I'm nearing my typing limit for the day. ;)

Milie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mp560
Thanks for the responses.

It now switches on a goes to a solid orange light, then powers off.

I'm resigned to it being broken, but keen to have a go at fixing, where do you suggest I start??

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No matter what you think you can do or try to do, without a new print head the printer is useless, the B200 error is usually fatal in most cases, but sometimes you can get it print again, but it fails within a very short time again.. Sorry

If you want something that will print and last and can be refilled, have a look at the Maxify range of printers..