canon mp210 won't print.

leego

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi there.

i'm having trouble with my canon mp210 printer. when i right click on a page and click 'print', i get the message:please check whether the printer is accessible.'

it is plugged into the pc and the little icon appears at the bottom of the screen.

any help will be very appreciated, thanks.

ruffin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 730
Leego, I get this error message when *I forget to turn on printer Power Switch. Also you might determine if printer is designated "Default" printer. Other than that, be sure printer usb cable is indeed plugged into computer, or perhaps computer usb port is bad. Try another usb port. Perhaps your printer driver is corrupt. You might tell us what OS you use. Hope this helps. Regards

leego

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks for replying.

i run xp home. the power switch is on. the usb cable is plugged in and seems fine.

i've just managed to print a couple of different pages, however some other pages it won't print and leaves that message i mentioned before. are some pages more difficult to print than others?

as for the drivers, i'm not really sure what a driver is to be honest! i've had the printer for over one yr and have not changed anything.

here is the page i can't print.
http://www.studentrecipes.com/recipes/vegetarian/tofu-curry/

also i'm presuming i have to make it my default printer? how do i do that?

thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Setting a printer as the default is easy. Just go to your Prints control panel, right-click on the icon for your printer and select "Set printer as default".

That page that you are having trouble printing doesn't print correctly from my Windows 2K computer using the normal print menu. It only shows the icons going down the left side of the page. This is a common problem with webpages. I can print all the information using Canon's Easy-WebPrint but it spreads it out over four pages and isn't formatted the same as it appears on the screen.

Sometimes when I have trouble printing webpages, I will drag the mouse over the part I want to print and then copy and paste it into Wordpad and print it from there. You'd think after all the years of having the web and computers and printers around that this problem would have been solved by now but I think the reason it hasn't is that you can have scroll bars on your webpages that don't mean anything on the printed page. The webpage can be bigger than your paper and so it presents a problem when you want to print.

However, I realize that this may not be related to the problem that you are having.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The part that is in the window (the chords) will not print in its entirety. You can copy the contents of that window and paste it into Notepad and print it from there.

This does not have anything to do with refilling.

leego

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
oh thats good, thanks for that. btw i've noticed that the font size has gotten quite small, do you know where the setting for increasing it is, i can't find it?

thank you.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you mean for Notepad, go to the Format menu and down to Font...

If you mean for Internet Explorer, go to the View menu and down to Text Size.

leego

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
no, i mean the size of the text when i print something out.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Which application are you using to print something out?

Is the entire printout smaller than you expect or just the text?

Do you go to Properties when you print or do you just use the defaults?