Canon mini 260 photo printer

Inez

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a Canon pixma 5000, Canon notebook printer, Canon ip 4300 all for home use.
I use the ip 4300 for some of my photo printing but get most of them done by an outlet. I travel to the north of our country to see my relatives in a remote area and so this Christmas would like to have a compact printer.
I have looked at the Selphys which have a film that has 36pics per film and there are 3 films with a roll of 108 sheets of paper. I talked to Canon Customer service here in Canada and I told them that I would only use this printer occasionally and they said the draw back with the Selphy and the ES1 is that you must print the whole film of 36 on the printer or the film will roll ahead after it is shut off and you will lose 3 -4 pics on the film and have paper leftover and as well since the paper is perforated after it is separated the print is less than 4x6 and will not fit in a small frame.

So I don't want that.

They suggested the mini 260 which still uses an ink cartridge and from what I have read it seems to print quality pics. Canon said after I finished printing that I should clean the cartridge with rubbing alcohol and then when I do additional printing to insure that I do a Test.

The unit is $100 Cdn.
The photo stores that I frequent for accessories for my Nikon and Pentax SLRs recommend the Canon and showed me the returns of Selphys for the very reason that I stated above as we have 30 days to try out the printers and as I mentioned Canon said that this is a major problem with these models for occasional print users.

I would really appreciate experienced comments from users or experts.

This unit will not be used constantly.

Thankyou.

BTW the camera shops said that this printer does a quality job on matte and glossy and that I can use other brands like Ilford and not always canon, I thought that was a plus indeed.