Canon MG7720

Gunny

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi gang

I just was given a Canon MG7720 printer, (he did not like it) and I want to know how to have it start up automatically when I set something to print. And I assume when set up correctly it will also shut off.. I had a Canon IP4700 that did this and like really like that feature..

Thanx....Gunny

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Not all Canon All-In-Ones have the Auto Power feature in the driver's maintenance tab, but I have the somewhat similar MG5550 and the feature is present.

Here is the maintenance tab, my OS is Win 8.1 64 bit Danish, but the window should be the same in other Windows versions, only the text will vary depending on OS language, "Automatisk strømforsyning" translates to "Auto Power":

MG5550 power supply 1.jpg

Clicking the Auto Power button opens this dialogue box in which you can activate/deactivate auto power on and activate/deactivate auto power off and select different length of time of inactivity before turning the printer off:

MG5550 power supply 2.jpg

The upper pull down menu selects auto power on activated/deactivated, the lower pull down menu selects different number of minutes of inactivity before turning the printer off. You can also select "Deactivated"

This post
is very similar, but about an older printer and an older OS. I hope this helps even if the printer is not the same model and my Windows language is not English. Maybe someone with the proper printer model and an English Windows could compare the driver tab and dialogue box?

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
See page 283 of the Canon MG7720 user manual found at Canon here. It is in PDF format. You can save this PDF file for future reference.