Canon MG5750 - B203 Error Code

Dan33

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Printer MG5750
Hello

I have the B203 Error Code..

When i turn on the printer i get the Copy, Scan, folders...followed by the B203 Error Code. I have tried turning off printer and opening the front where the inks show and turning the printer back on. Then i drop/close and the printer re-rights itself .

I then place paper into the printer tray to copy / open wordpad, click on file, click print . It goes through the motions and makes the noise, but the paper just stays where it is. Then the B203 Error Code appears once again. All inks are full so i'm not sure if this is a issue.

I have also taken out the print-head and cleared it trough Then cleaned chip and cleaned all the ink spiky contacts and the print-head spiky contact. However, i watched a YouTube video where the guy just put a new print-head in and it worked.

Are there any other issues that come under the B203 Error Code. or will installing a new print-head work?

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Are there any other issues that come under the B203 Error Code. or will installing a new print-head work?
You’re going to need a new print head to use the printer going forwards.. Sorry.

Dan33

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Printer MG5750
Thanks for reply.

I sort of knew, and you confirming is the icing on the cake as they say.

Would know where i could buy one at a fair and reasonable price in UK/Europe or am i having to buy from Chins?

Thanks again.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The printer uses the QY6-0082 print head. It is available from the UK distributor CRC Tasktron. Don't buy print heads from China, they are often used and defective print heads that have been cleaned to look like new and packaged in counterfeit foil bags and cardboard boxes.

But does the error code B203 mean print head defective? For older printers error B200 meant defective print head. Checking with Canon's website only tells the error must be repaired by a Canon service centre, This website , the first post suggests that the B203 could mean defective print head as the old B200 error is sometimes intermittent before becoming permanent and this website suggests more causes of the error.

Last edited:

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
Try the following:
  • turn off the printer
  • open the printer as if you will be inserting ink cartridges
  • turn on printer
  • when the printhead starts to move, close the printer
  • the printer should make a self check for 3 to 4 minutes and when it was done it may be ready to print.
Good luck,
Maximilian