Canon MG5370 is not printing BK, PGBK (black) and Yellow

Rahul Sen

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG 5370
My MG 5370 is less than two years old. It is still under warranty. A few months back I noticed that Black is not getting printed when I am printing a document or image. But when I was using copy function the black was being replaced by blue and everything was perfect. All my cartridges were running the 3rd cycle of reffilling. So I replaced the two cartridge by Canon's OEM BK and PGBK but that did not help either. When I reported the problem to the service center, a service person visited, he tried a few times hard by cleaning the head with alcohol but that did not help either. Now without going into further investigation he recommended that the print head needs to be replaced. The service center told me that the print-head was damaged due to usage of refilled cartridges and the warranty was void due to the same reason. I have to buy by paying Rs. 3500 for a new print head. I found nowhere in my purchase document that clause of warranty getting void by use refilled cartridges . There is no problem with the two other colors inspite of being refilled and I was using the services of the most reputed refilling centers of Kolkata.

It appears to me from the attitude of the canon service people that they are using this pretext of refilled cartridges for denying service or warranty on the product. If this is their main concern then they should warn the users explicitly by mentioning this clause on the purchase document or put warning stickers on the printer. However I feel to have been cheated by canon by first paying quite a good amount of money (Rs. 10,500/-) approx at the time of buying and penalized for not feeding their cash cow by paying Rs. 3500/- more than 4/5 times a year.

Has any body faced the same kind of problem with this printer? Is it really a problem with the print head. Is there a way to get he print head repaired or any other way to get the printer back into functioning ?

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
1. Poorly refilled arts can damage a printhead.

2. Printheads fail even when OEM carts are consistently used.

3. Never take a printer into the service center with refilled carts. Put OEM carts in and LIE if they ask about using non-oem or refilled carts.

Good luck

Rahul Sen

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG 5370
1. Poorly refilled arts can damage a printhead.

2. Printheads fail even when OEM carts are consistently used.

3. Never take a printer into the service center with refilled carts. Put OEM carts in and LIE if they ask about using non-oem or refilled carts.

Good luck

Thanks a lot for your response.

A service person told me that immersing the printer head into a certain solution (He could not tell which) for a entire day sometimes solve problems arising out of clogging. I think I should try that.

Rohit C Dhavade

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG 5370
My MG 5370 is less than two years old. It is still under warranty. A few months back I noticed that Black is not getting printed when I am printing a document or image. But when I was using copy function the black was being replaced by blue and everything was perfect. All my cartridges were running the 3rd cycle of reffilling. So I replaced the two cartridge by Canon's OEM BK and PGBK but that did not help either. When I reported the problem to the service center, a service person visited, he tried a few times hard by cleaning the head with alcohol but that did not help either. Now without going into further investigation he recommended that the print head needs to be replaced. The service center told me that the print-head was damaged due to usage of refilled cartridges and the warranty was void due to the same reason. I have to buy by paying Rs. 3500 for a new print head. I found nowhere in my purchase document that clause of warranty getting void by use refilled cartridges . There is no problem with the two other colors inspite of being refilled and I was using the services of the most reputed refilling centers of Kolkata.

It appears to me from the attitude of the canon service people that they are using this pretext of refilled cartridges for denying service or warranty on the product. If this is their main concern then they should warn the users explicitly by mentioning this clause on the purchase document or put warning stickers on the printer. However I feel to have been cheated by canon by first paying quite a good amount of money (Rs. 10,500/-) approx at the time of buying and penalized for not feeding their cash cow by paying Rs. 3500/- more than 4/5 times a year.

Has any body faced the same kind of problem with this printer? Is it really a problem with the print head. Is there a way to get he print head repaired or any other way to get the printer back into functioning ?

I too have faced such a printhead problem recently ! I think poorly refilled cartridges is the reason , because I refilled the cartridges . Then , went for a print of 10 pages and suddenly I got ERROR B200 .