Canon MG3150 errro P07

henry

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3150, HP 8600
hi,

first ,sorry for my english , its not the best. im from germany , by the way. :)

i have a canon MG3150 for some years now. an error P07 is blinking on display.
i have seen ,that the ink absorber is full,so i have clean it and put it back , but the error is there again.
when i click the reset button 4 times it ( you know the normal procedur for that ) then it comes a "1", and then
i want to copy and the paper go in but not out ,until i click the reset button and nothing is printed .

so i have found the service tool 3400 for canon ,an try to do the EEPROM and cleaning counter . there are some videos on youtube for it.

the problem with service tool ist that ,when i put the printer in service mode ( i think i do it well- six times click the reset button) ,then the program will not work. i can nothing click in program.
when i put the printer in ,i think save mode ( four times click the reset-button) , then i can click something in program but then is coming a prompt-window with the error 006.

how can i use that program well ?

i hope you understand my problem .

thanks a lot

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Henry,

I am not to sure how to enter Service More on your printer, but I thing it goes like this.

Power off the printer first.
Hold the Resume button and Power button.

Then release the Resume button but keep your finger on the Power button.

Now press the Resume button 5 times and then remove your finger from the power button.

This sequence of buttons may vary from 4 to 6 impressions so you might have to try each of them in turn to know which one works for you.

Now you must first make sure that your printer is connected by a USB cable and nothing else and can print otherwise the Service Tool wont work and you'll get the error code 006.
Good luck..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I agree with The Hat that the procedure with 5 times pressing the Stop/Resume button is the most likely one to enter service mode on this printer. If 5 times doesn't work try with 2, 4 or 6 times before giving up.

There has sometimes been some doubt about how to press, hold and release the buttons to enter service mode, so an instruction video might be helpful. Here are a couple of instruction videos by druckerchannel.de. , both with 5 times pressing the resume button and with 2 times. I am sure you will have no problem with the language ;)