Canon MG 7150 error 5B00 => Which Service Tool ?!

One_Beer

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7150
Hi,
I have a problem with my MG 7150 (error 5B00). My printer is in service mode, and connected by USB, but Service Tool v3400 say every time "error 005".
Do you now which version is compatible with MG7150, and how can I clear the ink counter on a MG 7150

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi and welcome, how many times does the orange light flash on your printer, that would help to know first.

Now if the Service Tool gives error 005, that error indicates that your printer is not in Service Mode properly, so please descried how you are attempting to enter Service mode..

One_Beer

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7150
To enter in service mode, I did :
The inkjet printer is turned of
I press and hold on Reset button
I press and hold on Power button
I release the Reset button
While holding the Power button, I press the Stop button 6 times

Then, the power lights is white and stop flashing, and the screen is black.

One_Beer

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7150
(instead, when I start the printer without this procedure, the screen display "error 5B00" and the service tool displays "error 006")

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@One_Beer, Try doing it this way, start with power off, then hold both the Power and Resume Button and then release the Resume Button, then press the Resume button 5 times only, and if that doesn’t work try pressing the Resume Button 6 times..

One_Beer

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7150
I have tried, but it doesn't work => if I don't push firstly on resume button, the printer start immediately and display error 5B00.
Il I press only 5 times the resume button, printer freeze and the orange light remains fixed.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The procedure for entering service mode is normally found in the service manual, but the service manual for MG7150 or MG7100 series printers seems nowhere to be found. It looks like service manuals for printers of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 are not found on the web.

For printers of the previous generation two methods are normally used for entering service mode, depending on if the printer has traditional push buttons or electronic sensor fields.

For the traditional push button models, slightly edited to make it more clear, my additions are in bold:

i. With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons).
ii. When the Power LED lights in green, while holding the Power and Resume/Cancel button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
iii. While holding the Power button, press and release the Resume/Cancel button 5 times, and then release the Power button. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green,
starting with Alarm LED.)
iv. When the Power LED lights steadily in green, the printer is ready for the service mode operation.

For the electronic sensor field models, slightly edited to make it more clear, my additions are in bold:

Start the machine in the service mode.
i. With the machine power turned off, press and hold the ON button. (DO NOT release the button.)
ii. When the Power LED lights, while holding the ON button, press and release the Stop button 5 times, and then release the ON button. (Each time the Stop button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately.)
iii. When the Power LED lights, the machine is ready for the service mode operation.

If 5 times pressing the Stop/Resume button/field doesn't work you could try 2, 4 or 6 times instead.

There is more info about service mode in the "Canon service tool v2000" thread I recommend studying that thread. Here is a list of error messages, and also see this and the next 3 posts. Normally Error 009 means a mechanical or electronic error prevents the printer from entering service mode but newer printers can store some EEPROM info as a text file. See this and the following post.

It seems that service mode operations is uncharted territory for printers newer than the PGI-x25/CLI-x26 cartridge generation, so please report your results.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It could also be the case that this particular printer model is effected by the new counter measures applied by Canon and therefore won’t enter Service Mode without their new online code..
If this is the case then a new printer would be cheaper that a Service call.. :(

One_Beer

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG7150
I fear that this is the case.... I have not managed to find the procedure for entering service mode :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@One_Beer, Thank you for reporting back, even dough you wear not successful, it’s that time for a new printer Again... :(