Canon MF734c has a wide white bar when printing high quality pictures from Win10 preview

StoffelCPR

New Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mf734cdw
Hello,

Friends of mine called me at the beginning of the week because they experienced a weird problem with their printer (the Canon MF734c). The following happened:

They usually take pictures with their camera in hd 3000+x2500+ in resolution usually. They print them and when they do they go into the Windows Explorer, mark the ones they want to print and then right click -> print, so all the pictures are printed smaller and 2 or more on one page to save ink and paper. Now as of last week when he did that on his computer the picture had a clean white bar (about 10-15 cm in width) through the pictures. The other computer (hers) did not have that problem.. After some time the second computer had the same issue.

When I arrived and started troubleshooting I noticed that it only happens when the pictures are printed via the explorer. Meaning that if you'd open the picture with Windows Photos (or paint etc.) and then print it it would be totally fine. Then I had a suspicion I downloaded a low quality image and printed it by right clicking it in the explorer, it worked fine. But I have no clue why or what is happening.

Does anyone have any idea on what might have happened or how to fix it? Drivers and Windows UpDates are the latest.

The attachement is a picture of the white bar I'm talking about (we have reused the paper multiple times to not waste too much paper while troubleshooting.)

Any help would be magnificent.

Thanks for reading and cheers.

Attachments

• IMG-20210316-WA0002gggg.jpeg
    IMG-20210316-WA0002gggg.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 232

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The same has happened to me and others. It is caused by the March 2021 Windows update. Microsoft is working on finding a solution. They have published one patch but that only solved a blue screen problem. A new patch is published, see this. I haven't tested the update yet, instead I rolled windows back to before the offending update and paused updates for 7 days.

See more about the problem in this thread.

Last edited: