Canon ix6510 Cyan issue

Juan Senko

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6510
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, though I've been lurking for some time now. I'm having an issue with my Canon PIXMA ix6510. I bought it with a CISS and now, after a few months and a hell lot of trouble, cyan ink is printing very funny (photos attached). I took it to service and they change the CISS cartridge to no results. I can totaly relate to this post: http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...0-printing-red-lines-all-over-the-pages.9221/ very similar problem. Now, I've printed a lot of test pages so after reading that post I think I may have damaged the printhead because the last test page came out with no cyan whatsoever. I've tried cleaning the printhead many times to no results. Should I take the CISS out? Is it garbage right? Is there any way to salvage the printhead since I'm not able to find a replacement in my country (or a non chinese source).
100_8683.JPG 100_8684.JPG 100_8687.JPG

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
You have found the answer in the other thread already: CISS will kill a canon printhead, sooner or later, because the ink connection of cartridge and head is not tight enough (at canon... other than most epson's..). So this head is most prabably burnt out, at least the cyan channel.
For a last try: get some original carts. If that's too expensive try some good compatible third party carts, ready mades not refillables..

Juan Senko

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6510
Thankx martin0reg! I will try some original carts and also the CISS carts without the tubing and all. If it prints okey, then I'll try some 3rd party ones.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Juan Senko, when you first noticed poor quality output, it is imperative to stop all further test or other types of printing and investigate the problem almost immediately, this action is to save the print head from possible damage.

More often or not if you continue to print that will cause the print head to overheat and burn out due to not having sufficient ink inside it to keep temperatures at correct operational levels.

As you have found out to your cost a CISS on any Canon printer will work very well for a short while and seem like great value, but if you factor in a new head or printer then it turns out to be the poorest investment of all.

The only answer to your problem now is to source a new print head from somewhere in your region or worldwide if possible, failing that it will have to be a new printer, sorry.

Long term, cheaply running of a Canon printer can be achieved only by refilling your OEM cartridges with quality ink and it will last for years using this method..

Juan Senko

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6510
Thank you The Hat! You are totally right. I removed the CISS and tried the printer with carts. The printhead is fried! Now I'll try to get a new printhead. Thank you again to you both!