Canon ix5000 Larger paper sizes ?

Printer Rob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ix5000
Hello,
Is it possible to over-ride the maximum custom paper size setting for this printer. I heard a rumor that it may be possible to tinker with the print spooler forms settings by generating a larger size form but how do I then get Windows apps to pickup the larger size.

I am hoping it can be done so I can print on paper cut from larger sizes or even to print onto small paper rolls.

Regards and thanks if anyone can help.
Rob

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am hoping it can be done so I can print on paper cut from larger sizes or even to print onto small paper rolls.
The simple answer is no, you can’t print any bigger than the print driver will allow, maybe on other printers you can but not Canon… You can’t use rolled paper either..

Printer Rob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ix5000
The simple answer is no, you can’t print any bigger than the print driver will allow, maybe on other printers you can but not Canon… You can’t use rolled paper either..
Thank you for your answer, although it wasn't the one I hoped for. I have had the ix5000 for many years but maybe I should see if I can find one that will allow longer paper sizes to be used. I suspect finding out which printers will do it will be a hard task, apart from the obvious choice of a dedicated plotter.

Rob

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I should see if I can find one that will allow longer paper sizes to be used.
Your printer can and will run paper that’s as long as you want, but the printing image length is still set to a max of 590 mm, so unless you buy a printer that uses rolled paper your out of luck. Sorry..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Which actual custom paper length are you looking for ? Epson printers typically let you set up longer banner formats. You can download the driver of a printer of interest and lookup the custom paper format options in the installed driver.

Printer Rob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ix5000
Which actual custom paper length are you looking for ? Epson printers typically let you set up longer banner formats. You can download the driver of a printer of interest and lookup the custom paper format options in the installed driver.
Thank you, I hadn't thought of that. Mostly I would want the width of A3 paper with a length upto maybe 2 metres.

Rob

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I checked on my L1800, a tank system version of the old 1400/1500W, this supports a length up to 110 cm, and I checked on the P400 driver, this supports a length of 15m - 1500 cm . The P400 could run optionally with a roll rolder, so I would assume that the similar models in this range - P600- P700 can do the same. All these are A3+ printers.

Printer Rob

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ix5000
Kind of you to check these figures, thank you.

Rob