Canon ipf 6300

Blueflame2007

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canonipf6300, Epson 3880
Hi Guy's,

Newbie here so apologies if this topic has been aired b4. I'm based in Ireland and I've got a crippled Canon ipf 6300 which I mainly used for canvas. It's current status is disabled as its showing error code 03130031-2618 which it appears to me anyway there is very little knowledge about out there.

I have enquired from printer tech service companies but there is no guarantee that they can fix the problem and they will insist on charging large call out fee regardless. It appears from what little knowledge I have been able to learn on the net that it's probably an excess printer head voltage problem but that is only speculation at this point.

Just wondering are there any guy's on here who have experienced similar problems with this model and if so is there a DIY fix available. There is almost €1000 of ink in the printer as I had just replaced all the inks in one go also the maintenance tank so its a no brainer to try and get it fixed if that's possible without having to spend more big money

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I don't know this printer, but I found a download with a service manual and a parts catalog for Canon ipf6350_6300_6300S_6200_6100_600S_605- series printers. The download checked OK with AVG Internet Security.

Searching for the error code I found a couple of answers suggesting the controller board is defective. See this and this.