Canon IPF 2100 EC31-2F1C Error

DavidHammers

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IPF 2100
Hey there,
I'm new here so please excuse if a placed the thread wrongly..
So i just bought a used Canon IPF 2100 for my business and when trying to start it up, it always keeps showing me the EC31-2F1C Error..
Saw that somebody else here had the same problem, but didn't get to a solultion yet .. and its an older thread..

Anyways, when starting up its always giving me the same hardware error.. after some research i found out that it may have to do with the printer head/purge unit (correct me if i'm wrong!) and that it cannot move to the desired position. It came without the thing that you have to place in when moving ... so thats already removed...
Somebody else suggested carefully cleaning all sensors or so? But where exactly should i be cleaning? Im really new to this hole thing and down have any experience..

Would be awesome if somebody can give me a rundown on all steps that i can try in order to fix it! Canon Service is so expensive and I'd love to try it without it first

Thanks and kind regards!

Josiah2020

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 4100s
Hey where you able to rectify this error my canon 4100s has this same error did you get the issue rectify?

Roundishflat

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-2100
Hey there,
I'm new here so please excuse if a placed the thread wrongly..
So i just bought a used Canon IPF 2100 for my business and when trying to start it up, it always keeps showing me the EC31-2F1C Error..
Saw that somebody else here had the same problem, but didn't get to a solultion yet .. and its an older thread..

Anyways, when starting up its always giving me the same hardware error.. after some research i found out that it may have to do with the printer head/purge unit (correct me if i'm wrong!) and that it cannot move to the desired position. It came without the thing that you have to place in when moving ... so thats already removed...
Somebody else suggested carefully cleaning all sensors or so? But where exactly should i be cleaning? Im really new to this hole thing and down have any experience..

Would be awesome if somebody can give me a rundown on all steps that i can try in order to fix it! Canon Service is so expensive and I'd love to try it without it first

Thanks and kind regards!

Roundishflat

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-2100
Me too. Exact same position. I've caused so.w damage from trying to move it (had a tight corner to navigate). Some say it purge unit or printhead, and others the sensor or carriage. I'm going to work on it tomorrow. How did you get on in the end?