Canon ip4850 Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error 6030

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
As much as I like the printer, ever since I installed the software I get a message saying (in part) "CRT not initialized". Click OK and just get on with printing only for the message to reappear later. I have been in touch with Canon who just say it is nothing to do with them. Thanks Canon. Never had this problem with my other two Canon machines but know from my Googling that lots of others have had the same with various Canon printers. Problem is, I haven't found the answer. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. Seen and tried a number of suggestions...none of them worked. Driving me nuts. Please help me kind people.:he

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
This probably doesn't have anything to do with your problem but make sure you disconnect your printer from your computer after you uninstall it and don't plug it in again until the installation process tells you to.

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
This probably doesn't have anything to do with your problem but make sure you disconnect your printer from your computer after you uninstall it and don't plug it in again until the installation process tells you to.
Hi and thanks for the response. I was very careful to follow the installation procedure to the letter sadly without the hoped for result. Strangely, the problem is on my XP which is on one drive whilst I have Windows 7 on the other drive of my dual boot system and the Canon programme runs on that without the error. As regards Visual C++, the W7 drive has only 2008 version whereas, originally, my XP had 2005, 2008 and 2010. One site I looked at said that the problem is with 2005 and that I should uninstall/reinstall which I did without success (although, admittedly, I didn't reinstall the ATL update as, when searched for in the Microsoft update site I got the "nothing found" response.). Having reinstalled 2005 I searched for updates for same but got the answer none available. Is it possible that Microsoft have gone to the bother of incorporating all updates into 2005? Another site suggested you should never remove any of these....hey ho, who to believe!

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
panos said:
Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?DisplayLang=en&id=3387

It will update your visual C libraries and it has a chance of fixing your error.
Hi Panos...thanks for your interest. Please look at my response to our friend ghwellsjr for further info. I did find the update that you refer to but am somewhat concerned that it may not be the same as the one deleted had "8.0.50727.4053" tagged to the end and was much less than the 6mb. Then again, can any named update be detrimental to a same-named program? I don't think Microsoft help when they describe an update as being part of a program for a computer that doesn't have the whole program! Another example of USA and UK being divided by a common language? I don't profess to be computer literate but this is beating me.