canon ip4300.

jack2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, i'm new to this forum, i bought a canon ip4300 a while ago and found that it was costing me a lot of money to buy the genuine ink carts for it, so i decided to start refilling the carts as i was doing with the older canon ip4000. no problem with that one but with the ip4300 once i topped up the cart and replaced it, the printer would not recognise the cart due to the chip, i even bought a set of compatable carts and attemted to fit the chips from the empty ones to the compatable ones but no joy. can anybody assist me to overcome this problem? it's driving me skint. Thanks jack:mad:

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
That's odd. I have an ip4300. Refilling does not change anything to the chip. The printer apparently has no idea that the cartridge has been refilled. The printer will only begin to displacy low ink warning message when its ink usage record indicates that the cartridge is about to become empty. If your printer does not recognize an ink cartridge, refilled or not, the chip is probably defective now. Try the cartridge on a different printer. If the chip is defective you will see the same failure (to recognize the cartridge) on that printer too.

A while ago someone had this problem too and asked for help here. If I remember it right he called Canon and Canon sent him a new free cartridge.