Canon iP4300 feeding paper skewed to the right

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I got a Canon iP4300 printer with paper feed problem. The paper skews to the right and jam. It seems that something is at the left side of the paper path preventing the paper from going through. But the right side continues to feed the paper. Then, paper jam.

I have turned the printer upside down and shake it... hoping something will fall out from the feed path... But nothing.

Any suggestion!

I do not know the history of this printer as I got it from a local recycle group. The print head is good. If I cannot get the paper feed working. I have a spare print head for my MP830 which uses the same print head.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
embguy

You are right about the paper path being blocked with a foreign body.
Try using narrower paper in the paper feet to determine where the object is located.
When you do locate the spot then run the narrow paper thought again this time pull the power cord at that point to stop the paper feed mid way, and using a heavy board, card or plastic about 1 inch wide with a lip on the end like (the letter L ) insert it in the paper path try to get around the object and pull it out backwards.
Good luck with your hunting, you may also have to consider removing the top cover of the printer if you fail with your first attempt, by removing the cover the object will be then more visible and easier to get at..

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I took the cover off and found the location at the left side that stopping the paper from moving through. I am going through the service manual on how to get inside.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It was a small button in the paper path. I put a marrow strip of photo paper in the reverse direction up the paper path to loosen the button. Turn the printer upside down - the button came out.

Did a couple of cleaning cycles. The nozzle check is good. Another spare printer in the basement.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
glad to hear that you found the object blocking the paper on one side. My wife's ip6000 printer sits under her bulletin board at her desk. She's had the same problem, and I've fished out push-pins that had fallen from the bulletin board into the paper feed area. New rule - hang nothing directly above the printer that might come loose and fall into the paper feed area.