Canon iP4300 10x flashing green-orange, B200 error code

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don't believe in giving up easily. It doesn't hurt to explore all possibilities,
The heart of every Canon printer is the print head and when that goes then you simply replace it, but and here’s the snag, if there are no replacements as like in your case, then everything else is pointless, it’s called pissing up a rope..

It’s not a case of giving up it just makes sense to stop digging.. :hu

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
B200 error solution that always works. Everytime.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The video on this link is good until he uses ultrasound to clean the print head. If the print head wasn't dead already, which it was, chances are good he would have killed it then. NEVER use ultrasound cleaning on a Canon print head.

Videobruce -- Even if there is a foreign object preventing the release of the print head carriage, you still are lef with a probable dead print head. The odds of finding a genuinely new print head is less than winning the Lotto. The Chinese refurbs sold in counterfeit packaging as "new" are too often irreparably damaged. You can take your chances with one of these used print heads. But, you have no idea if the logic assay board is affected.

Investigate all you want, however, asking for the same Hail Mary solution while using different words will not result in any different outcome. Your very first post told the story well. There is little further advice I can offer except get another printer.

Edit:

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
B200 error solution that always works. Everytime.
A little juvenile isn't it? Something Dictator Trump would do or say. I wished he would of hit his car which he would of deserved!

As to the "ultrasound", I wouldn't even think of it.

FWIW, I placed one of my two spare 4300's in service with a 'preserved', used printhead installed. Not perfect, but I should be able to live with it. I also have three spare printheads. One is pristine, the other two are less than ideal, similar to the one in use now. I rarely print photos, so it's not a huge issue.

Lastly, since I know first hand what these refirb's are like, they do not come in that Canon box anymore, just a sealed foil vacuumed pouch. I went thru four different 'sellers', most in China, the ones that were bad I either got a refund or a replacement. If that was bad, then I asked for a refund which I received. Some want the bad one back, some don't.
From the US, return USPS postage is around $15 which they reimbursed me for. You can print the label from the USPS website that includes customs declaration. I was surprised how easy it was. The postman picks up the package from my home.
The consistent issue was streaking (partly clogged heads).

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You knew the score and still asked your questions. You received best advice from more than one person. You then ignored it and carried on further. Stop yanking everyone's chain and get on with printing.

Last edited:

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
I'm the jerk? Why, because I didn't throw the printer out the window? o_O
I didn't ignore anyone. And no, I didn't know the "score" as you put it since as I stated, I wasn't aware of this error being a this big of a issue.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Canon print heads can last for years and or not, and sometimes they can fail within a very short period for no apparent reason, and this will happen to all Canon printers one day unless you happened to have a spare new print head.

I have an iP4500 with over 54,000 prints on it, and already have a new replacement for it for quite some time, but the Feckin thing simply refuses to die, and we all must move on, and one day this print head will also fail..

Just for the record the printer has spent its entire life on I.S inks and used a CISS for four years and now retired on refilled OEM carts..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil