Canon ip3000 - CISS - Pressure problem after refill

cosimail

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an old canon ip3000 with Ciss system and I love it.
Unfortunately, when I refill the ink tanks I get a lot of colour trouble.
I could get no color, or very poor colouring.
I believe I do no errors with refill procedures and the troubles seem to be related with pressure problems.
I have to do a lot of printing job (80-100) to fix the problem.
Can you help me?
It will be wonderful if someone can give me some suggestions.
Thank you in advance
Cosimo from Italy

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
cosimail said:
Hi guys,

I have an old canon ip3000 with Ciss system and I love it.
Unfortunately, when I refill the ink tanks I get a lot of colour trouble.
I could get no color, or very poor colouring.
I believe I do no errors with refill procedures and the troubles seem to be related with pressure problems.
I have to do a lot of printing job (80-100) to fix the problem.
Can you help me?
It will be wonderful if someone can give me some suggestions.
Thank you in advance
Cosimo from Italy
Hi Cosimo,

CISS are really great when there working properly but a total bitch when they give trouble,
and therefore are not the most reliable thing to be using when you need to print something in a hurry.

One thing you can do and that is to remove the cartridges from your printer and then
raise the reservoir bottles up so that it's slightly higher than the cartridges.

Turn the cartridges upside down and if you watch each cartridge carefully
the ink should then fill the cartridges with ink and dribble out the outlet hole.

Its a bit messy but it should get rid of the air inside the tubing and cartridges,
put your fingers over the outlet holes till you can get the reservoir back to the correct working height again.

Then reinsert the cartridges into the printer and you should be ready to go,
once you have cleaned up all of the ink spillage.

I hate to be the Devils advocate here but why dont you just dump the CISS and simply refill your cartridges;
its a far better, cleaner, quicker and more reliable solution to your problem.. :)

cosimail

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Hat

thank you for your quick answer.

To be honest, I need an hight number of High Quality prints (above 500/week).
For this reason, despite all his negative things, the ciss sistem is still the best soluction for me.

You said:

"Its a bit messy but it should get rid of the air inside the tubing and cartridges,
put your fingers over the outlet holes till you can get the reservoir back to the correct working height again."

I believe I have no air in the tubing and cartriges, but I can try this....

Anyhow, there is someone how can suggest me a better solution for my high number needs?
Thank you very much

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
On an average week refilling your own cartridges is actually faster than running a CISS on your printer,
I use to have half a dozen different printers equipped with CISS System in the past but now only use refill cartridges, why ?

Quite simple you have one set of OEM cartridges in your printer and one or two spare sets,
so when a cartridge becomes low you replace it with one of your spare ones
and carry on printing, it just couldnt be easier.

It sounds a bit slower than using a CISS but its actually not, because there is so little down time before your back printing again.

Its simply a matter of turning on your printer and it prints, theres no waiting no fuss, and no mess
but above all no wasted time frigging around trying to get it to print properly.

Refilling your OEM BCI-6 cartridges couldnt be easier, convenient or more enjoyable
and will save as much it not more money on ink than you do right now,
and no more headaches trying to print a couple of hundred prints a week.

If you have a problem getting hold to spare OEM BCI-6 cartridges then use CLI-8 cartridges instead,
there are plenty of empty cartridges on sale very cheaply.

Theres is one other problem you have not faced up to yet and that is your waste pads,
when using a CISS they tend to fill up much faster than they do using cartridges,
so thats something else to look out for later.

What I am trying to say is to dump the CISS and start to enjoy printing the way everybody else does
that refill their own cartridges, you wont regret it trust me on this one, its a no brainer.. :)

cosimail

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Hat

thank you for your answer. I will try with refill sistem and let you know.
Thank you