Canon IP 3000 head reset ?

TomZoy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My Canon IP 3000 produces 5 orange blinks after I turn it on.
I've tried the method in the service manual, (hold reset, turn on, release reset, push twice, blabla) but it's not working.
I'm looking for a software what I can use to reset the print head's counter. I found out that there's a software for this called iPTools, but the newest version I could find is 1.1.5, and this doesn't works with IP 3000.
The URL what's provided in the 'about menu' is not working ....
Any method I can use to fix this problem? (without buying a new head for 75 USD o_O)
THX

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
TomZoy said:
Hi everyone!

My Canon IP 3000 produces 5 orange blinks after I turn it on.
I've tried the method in the service manual, (hold reset, turn on, release reset, push twice, blabla) but it's not working.
I'm looking for a software what I can use to reset the print head's counter. I found out that there's a software for this called iPTools, but the newest version I could find is 1.1.5, and this doesn't works with IP 3000.
The URL what's provided in the 'about menu' is not working ....
Any method I can use to fix this problem? (without buying a new head for 75 USD o_O)
THX
As far as I know the five blinking orange lights mean only one thing.
Its print head time, so if you dont have a second hand one then I am afraid its $75.
The pain O the pain :hit

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It could be much worse. It could be an Epson, in which case you'd need a whole new printer.