Canon Ink vs. Arrow / alotofthings.com and "USA Ink Cartridge"

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I thought I'd post this in here too.... I've got a few of these cartridge clips and would be willing to trade a few for some different brands of BCI-3ebk cartridges to test them against my alotofthings black to see if I get the same bleeding. Shoot me an email if there is interest.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The arrow cartridges from alotofthings seem to be filled with formulabs ink and the cartridges are made by http://www.arrowinkjet.com

from here
http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/sutra416046.html

The only formulabs supplier I can find in Australia is http://www.discountcartridges.com.au (cartridges are $4 AUS on ebay if but 16 at a time)

I got an email back from Alotofthings support about the acrylic cases (they will not ship them to Australia)

"As far as the acrylic holders are concerned they to are a waste of money.
Currently if they are sold separate from the virgin ink tanks we pay .65
each for them plus shipping. This is why we do not carry them in our refill
kits or sell them individually at this time."

Sounds as though this person is not a refiller!

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
One more thing.... I've edited my first post. I thought I was endorsing alotofthings too much without really extensively testing their ink and cartridges. Customer support over there was very helpful when I called. I did run into some problems of defensiveness when I brought up the bleeding issue mentioned above. This being said, they were always willing to accept returns.

Here is my UPDATE: I purchased my cartridges and ink from www.Alotofthings.com. For the most part I'm impressed with their ink (other than the black issue above) and love the cartridge clips that came with my cartridges. They get their ink from Formulabs which is suppose to be a great supplier of ink. I've also had a few issues with their cartridges not flowing completely (air and ink). In my experience, and from what I've researched, nobody's ink is exactly as good (in color and longevity) as Canon, but www.alotofthings.com is pretty close and seems to work well.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Posts to the printer newsgroup from Ron Cohen, who has been refilling and using non-OEM inks for several years, echo your view that alotofthings is a fine firm to do business with. He has spoken to Joe, the owner, and said he was very helpful. I called and spoke to Joe to confirm that the Arrow Jet carts sold on Ebay were filled with Formulabs inks. He said that they are. He did tell me that the people who fill these carts in China once made an error and filled half of his order with a German ink (initials starting with O - I can't remember the name), but all these carts now for sale have Formulabs.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
ocular said:
"As far as the acrylic holders are concerned they to are a waste of money.
Currently if they are sold separate from the virgin ink tanks we pay .65
each for them plus shipping. This is why we do not carry them in our refill
kits or sell them individually at this time."

Yes this was copied direct from the email from support@alotofthings.com in my response about the availability of the acrylic cases used for refilling

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Very interesting. Maybe I'm reading out of context, but is it odd that they don't endorse them in that email but do on the site?

Regardless, I'm glad I have them... very nice and re-usable. They make refilling much easier. Maybe I should find their supplier and get a bunch for that price and sell them :)

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
the way i understand it is this, selling the acrylic holders is by itself a waste of money. it comes free when you purchase the arrowjet carts. it may be just a few cents worth, and shipping them is not economically viable, unless you order by the hundreds. why order them separately anyway? get the arrowjet carts if you want the acrylic holders, makes more sense.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yiu are right BQ! It is not that they don't endorse them as useful. They only ship them with the arrowjet cartridges - not on their own. They don't ship to Australia. I might have to take NS offer and trade for some other non OEM inks with him to get some cases.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Is shipping to Australia that difficult that they don't want your business?