Canon Ink type differences

TiaanM

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TR4540
Do you have instructions on how to refill your cartridges? Please link so we can see.
I do not have actual instructions, but have seen some youtube videos of the two methods, ie. removing the top completely, or drilling holes in the top and inserting the ink through the holes. Regarding the clip, most people in the videos I've seen just stick a piece of insulation tape over the exit port, instead of using a clip.

TiaanM

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TR4540
So I agree with stratman's recommendation of trying the locally available inks.
Thank you for the comment. There seem to be a lot of uncertainty around this, i.e. your test that canon's GI-490 ink doesn't work, whereas @The Hat, comment that any canon formulated ink should work in these cartridges. I have found the same locally as well, where some vendors indicate that you can use GI-490 ink whereas other is of the opinion that you can not.

At least now I got an answer from someone who have tried it first hand, that is if we can go on the assumption that PG-510 cartridges are similar to PG-445.

I guess the safest bet would be to first buy the 20ml refill kits from the store, which they claim to be specifically for 445 and 446 cartridges. If this works then I will probably invest in the 1lt bottles.

Latest posts