Canon Ink Resetter

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Thank you headphonesman and Pebe for your replies. I think I'm panicking too much about the resetter. The same problem would arise with refilled cartidges for earlier printers like the IP4000 etc. Ink monitoring is working ok on both my IP4000 & IP4500 machines with refilled cartridges. However, the PG black cartridge on the IP4500 is showing about three quarters full when on visual inspection it is three quarters empty. I can't have refilled it to it's full capacity and therefore if I leave it to the ink monitor I'm going to have problems.

I'll leave the cartridge as it is for now and see if the ink monitor catches up. I think the moral of the tale is never rely 100% on ink monitoring. An occasional visual inspection of refilled cartridges is probably wise.

Do you agree?

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
wilko said:
I'll leave the cartridge as it is for now and see if the ink monitor catches up. I think the moral of the tale is never rely 100% on ink monitoring. An occasional visual inspection of refilled cartridges is probably wise.

Do you agree?
Yes, I agree.

My main reason for wanting to re-set carts back to proper condition was because of the possibility that built in to some machines was the condition that the "ink -out" override could only prevail for a limited amount of time before a genuine cart was needed to be purchased to restore a shut -down machine which had all of its carts with the lights out.

Also the 4200 and the MP600 are both new replacements and they have not (and will not have) , had warranties compromised by overrriding .

I visually inspect the 4000 carts on a frequent basis and keep them topped up , even tho ink monitoring is still in place.
All my carts (CLI 8`s and BCI 6`s) are using the Durchstich method of re-fill which is ideal for frequent , hassle- free , top -up ,....................... no screwing , bungs, hole sealing, etc. to put up with.