Canon Imageprograf Pro-300 Service tool?

ThatsCannon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon ImagePrograf Pro-300
Hi, I am new here, I was wondering if there was a service tool for my printer "Canon Imageprograf Pro-300"? After reading somewhere, I saw a service tool that worked with pro printers "v5204?", but wanted confirmation for my make and model. I also managed to get into service mode "maybe" and I tried with the older service tool "v5103". But getting error code 2. Thanks in advance

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sellers of the service tool v5204 only list home use models as compatible with the tool, not the large format printers. The use of a wrong service tool can block future access to service mode.

There have been reports that the service tool v5204 has been used for a successful reset of the Pro-100 and Pro-200 models even if not listed by the sellers. But nothing about Pro-300

Special service tools are used for the wide format models, maybe also for the Pro-300? You might find something at the Copytechnet Canon forum.

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
This printer is fairly new so I guess that few, if any, of them has reached the 'full waste inkpads' condition. Probably you're one of the first users trying the software tool because there's no need to do so until the waste inkpads counter needs resetting, and the printer warns you before that happens. Is that your case ?. You must have been very busy printing.
One word of caution that maybe arrives late : if you tried the older v5103 version and it didn't work, there're fair chances that the service mode of your printer is locked forever and you won't be able to use any other version of the software tool in the future. In other words, when the waste ink pad counter reaches full, your printer is done unless you send it to a Canon service center and pay a lot of money to get it 'resurrected'.
This is sadly the case of my Pro-10s. Let's hope it isn't so for your Pro-300

Last edited:

ThatsCannon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sellers of the service tool v5204 only list home use models as compatible with the tool, not the large format printers. The use of a wrong service tool can block future access to service mode.

There have been reports that the service tool v5204 has been used for a successful reset of the Pro-100 and Pro-200 models even if not listed by the sellers. But nothing about Pro-300

Special service tools are used for the wide format models, maybe also for the Pro-300? You might find something at the Copytechnet Canon forum.
Thanks for the info!

ThatsCannon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
This printer is fairly new so I guess that few, if any, of them has reached the 'full waste inkpads' condition. Probably you're one of the first users trying the software tool because there's no need to do so until the waste inkpads counter needs resetting, and the printer warns you before that happens. Is that your case ?. You must have been very busy printing.
One word of caution that maybe arrives late : if you tried the older v5103 version and it didn't work, there're fair chances that the service mode of your printer is locked forever and you won't be able to use any other version of the software tool in the future. In other words, when the waste ink pad counter reaches full, your printer is done unless you send it to a Canon service center and pay a lot of money to get it 'resurrected'.
This is sadly the case of my Pro-10s. Let's hope it isn't so for your Pro-300
Thanks for the Reply! I actually do a lot of printing and the printer was giving an error "1700" ink absorber is almost full. I had this printer almost 2 years, cleaned the pads and error still was present. So I have done a lot of searching and found out about the dreaded error. I tried all the methods of entering service mode and all failed. But I seem to figure out how to get into the Pro-300 service mode.

I searched for official service tools for Cannon printers and saw that the v5610 had support for some Pro series "on eBay". So I gave it a try, and it worked!! I got the in absorber counter reset! Saved the EEPROM as well.

So, long story short, anyone who need to use the service tool to fix errors on the Canon Pro-300 imageprograf use v5610 service tool.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Congratulations with the reset and thank you for the info that the v5610 works with the Pro-300.

There are two kinds of pads in a Canon printer.

The purge pads are postage stamp sized or smaller pads of a hard and porous plastic or ceramic material. The printhead rests on these pads when not in use and when doing a printhead cleaning.

The ink absorber pads are large pads of a felt like material buried deep inside the printer at the bottom of the casing, The ink from printhead cleaning is dumped in these pads, which will need to be replaced or cleaned when they become full.

I guess you dismantled the printer and washed and dried the ink absorbers and not just rinsed the purge pads?

Some say you might get away with resetting the absorber counter just once and continue to use the printer without cleaning or replacing the absorber pads, but others say you risk a nasty ink spill when the absorbers overflow.

ThatsCannon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Congratulations with the reset and thank you for the info that the v5610 works with the Pro-300.

There are two kinds of pads in a Canon printer.

The purge pads are postage stamp sized or smaller pads of a hard and porous plastic or ceramic material. The printhead rests on these pads when not in use and when doing a printhead cleaning.

The ink absorber pads are large pads of a felt like material buried deep inside the printer at the bottom of the casing, The ink from printhead cleaning is dumped in these pads, which will need to be replaced or cleaned when they become full.

I guess you dismantled the printer and washed and dried the ink absorbers and not just rinsed the purge pads?

Some say you might get away with resetting the absorber counter just once and continue to use the printer without cleaning or replacing the absorber pads, but others say you risk a nasty ink spill when the absorbers overflow.
Thank you, I was about to ask about the ink absorber pad "or container?" inside the printers. I plan on doing a deep clean later this week, but the error was driving me crazy lol. I have also contacted printer potty, if they have one for Pro-300, or I might just make one/3d design and 3d print one that's external. idk yet, need to find how to disassemble the printer without breaking tabs and such.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you can get a Printer Potty for the printer I recommend to use that. If you install a Printer Potty you don't need to clean the absorbers. Cleaning the absorbers is an extremely messy job. I have done it a couple of times.

There is a Canon Megatank printer that has a user replaceable waste ink box with absorbent material, but I don't think a such box is used on the Pro-300.

BottleImp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon imageprograf PRO-300
Thanks for the Reply! I actually do a lot of printing and the printer was giving an error "1700" ink absorber is almost full. I had this printer almost 2 years, cleaned the pads and error still was present. So I have done a lot of searching and found out about the dreaded error. I tried all the methods of entering service mode and all failed. But I seem to figure out how to get into the Pro-300 service mode.

I searched for official service tools for Cannon printers and saw that the v5610 had support for some Pro series "on eBay". So I gave it a try, and it worked!! I got the in absorber counter reset! Saved the EEPROM as well.

So, long story short, anyone who need to use the service tool to fix errors on the Canon Pro-300 imageprograf use v5610 service tool.
Hi there, I'm a new member and having the same issue with my Canon PRO-300 ink absorber error code. Could you tell me where you found your v5610 service tool? I'm trying to locate one and I want to find a reputable seller that WON'T load up my computer with malware. I also was wondering if you could help out with A) putting the printer in service mode (I've tried the button combinations I've found online, but so far none of theme seem to work for this model), and B) the exact location of the ink pads so I can remove and clean them?

Thanks so much in advance!

Eeli

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 9500 , IP110
Hi there, I'm a new member and having the same issue with my Canon PRO-300 ink absorber error code. Could you tell me where you found your v5610 service tool? I'm trying to locate one and I want to find a reputable seller that WON'T load up my computer with malware. I also was wondering if you could help out with A) putting the printer in service mode (I've tried the button combinations I've found online, but so far none of theme seem to work for this model), and B) the exact location of the ink pads so I can remove and clean them?

Thanks so much in advance!
Hi, this is interesting, how many prints have you made approximately? That must be several thousands?