Canon ImageProGraf Pro-300. Pro 10s replacement.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Since my pro9500 head problem I've started looking around for the Pro10s & to my surprise it was unavailable at a couple of places which recommended the newer ImagePrograf Pro-300 for around $1000au.
The cheapest price for the Pro10s is $729au, must be a run out price as it's normally more than that. There's no point in looking at the Pro300 because of what the inks would cost until it can be refilled, if ever.
I don't think I would see any improvement in print quality as the main improvements seem to be borderless printing on fine art paper & it can print panoramas almost 1 meter long.
Here's a link to Northlight images overview of the Pro300. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1YU6UN-lk1o&feature=emb_logo

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Since my pro9500 head problem I've started looking around for the Pro10s
I hope you can revive your pro 9500, because she’s a great printer, but if you can’t then go find a Pro 10 new or second hand, that’s the next best replacement for the 9500, O’ run a mile from the new Pro 300, because you’ll need deep pockets to keep that girl running..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I agree, get a PRO-10(S).
Here in Europe most shops suggest the supply shortage is due to corona and it can be reordered.
Not easy to find second hand.

There are indications the PRO-300 shares the same printhead, so you won't come in your situation soon with this printer.
The Waste Ink Counter can be reset too with the correct tool.
And it has gloss optimizer.
A win on all points.

I did not use my 9500 inks since I still have that printer - on the contrary I use some PRO-10 inks in the 9500 - but with very carefull observation of the nozzle checks chances are some colours will work (I would avoid magenta ;)).

Keith Cooper

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P5000
Since my pro9500 head problem I've started looking around for the Pro10s & to my surprise it was unavailable at a couple of places which recommended the newer ImagePrograf Pro-300 for around $1000au.
The cheapest price for the Pro10s is $729au, must be a run out price as it's normally more than that. There's no point in looking at the Pro300 because of what the inks would cost until it can be refilled, if ever.
I don't think I would see any improvement in print quality as the main improvements seem to be borderless printing on fine art paper & it can print panoramas almost 1 meter long.
Here's a link to Northlight images overview of the Pro300. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=1YU6UN-lk1o&feature=emb_logo
I hope the video was of help - it's actually the first time I've added one to supplement the normal lengthy written reviews I do.

For myself the 300 fixes virtually all my gripes with the pro-10 (I've personally no time for refills/3rd party inks - YMMV) although I'd personally pay a bit more and go for a PRO-1000

If you want a comparison of sorts, I'm hoping to have my Epson P700 articles/review/videos available next week - they should have been published today, but I'm waiting for some responses to some questions/issues, from Epson Japan

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I will try a few things out with the Pro9500 before buying a new printer. (if I can talk the missus into it:). As Keith said the ProGraf 300 would be a very good printer but as I don't sell any prints I couldn't afford to buy Canon inks & have got great results from the Precision Colors inks. Will have to buy from Martin now at Octoinkjet who posts to us in Oz.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The cheapest price for the Pro10s is $729au, must be a run out price as it's normally more than that. ...

I would not be as pessimistic as @jtoolman in his video last week about hoarding printers.
This only rises second hand prices.

Most people who buy a pro printer spend much more money on cameras and lenses, they all will buy the new printer (here on belgiumdigital.be few people avoid refilling, it is perceived as very cheapo).

OTH there are no sales here on the PRO-10 (as Epson did for the 600 and 800).
Lowest new price here is EUR 595, nowhere in stock anymore but everyone and even canon.be (659,99) accepts orders so I suppose it is still available.
I've seen second hands sell for 290 :eek:.

AUD 729 is only EUR 450, this seems a very good price to me if you want this printer.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
For myself the 300 fixes virtually all my gripes with the pro-10 (I've personally no time for refills/3rd party inks - YMMV) although I'd personally pay a bit more and go for a PRO-1000
Thanks for the review Keith. Had a few people come asking about this recently and I'll try to forgive your lack of faith in the refilling side of things ;)

Biased? Moi? :hu

One thing that does occur to me though is whether they've made waste ink management a user replaceable item this time around or is it still "service centre required"?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I'm not a gambling chap but I'd dare say that 'user replaceable item' chances are not high (maybe 0.00001 % )

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Looking at my Pro-300, I've observed that the side panels have screws at the rear which infers that Canon put them there so that they are easier to remove. Perhaps this makes the service center replacement simpler and less costly.