Canon i9900 on clearance at Staples for under $290 on Halloween only.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I went into my local Staples to buy two Canon i9900 wide format printers expecting to pay $340 each (after a $100 mail-in rebate good until Oct 31) and they were on clearance for $290 (after rebate). The clearance will probably last until the printers are gone but the $100 rebate is only good for one more day. Furthermore, I received an additional 15% off of one of them because it was a floor model. They had saved the UPC bar code so the rebate can be honored.

So if you ever had your eyes on one of these printers (it uses eight BCI-6 non-chipped cartridges), leave your trick-or-treaters at the door and rush on down to your local Staples. You better call first, make sure they still have the printer, check the price, and have them reserve one for you. If you are interested in a floor model, see if you can get another 15% off, but make sure you get the bar code if they don't have the box.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I called another Staples this morning and their price today for the i9900 is $289.50 (after the $100 rebate that expires today), so apparently this clearance sale is available at all Staples stores. Don't miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get this fantastic printer at 42% off the original price. It's the very last opportunity to buy a brand new, under warranty, Canon printer that uses unchipped BCI-6 cartridges. I actually paid more than this for my first Canon printer, the MP760. Don't wait for those eBay speculators to buy these up and sell them in a couple months for hundreds more.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
I second the motion on buying one of these printers, especially at this price. They are the last of the easily refillable Canon printers, and the 8 colors give spectacular prints. I have 2 of them (one is a spare in case something happens to the first).