Canon i860 Printers

Little Acorn

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for going to all that trouble to help me, I do appreciate it a lot.

After talking to the Canon 1800# people, they suggest I get the printer professionally looked at, as they have no idea how to repair this either. A friend has suggested it may be an electronic problem, that the internal elecronice may be damaged. The quote I have been given is $30 Cdn for the estimate alone, and then $45 - $100 for the repair.

I have therefore decided to buy a new printer :(

I'm really dissapointed that the brand new cartridges that I bought for this printer, for a massive $90, will now be wasted, because they are not compatible with the new models. I'm very environmentally consious, and it saddens me that they have to design the new models to be so 'disposable', to get the consumers to keep buying more and more. </rant>

Once again, thank you.

Nicola, Edmonton, Alberta.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Tiger direct may still have the i960 on sale with an $80 rebate. With shipping, less the rebate, it wlll cost a few dollars over $100. Uses six bci-6 cartredges, so you will not have wasted your money on the carts it uses. I wouldn't buy the refurbished one at $70 as the new one with rebate is a better deal. Excellent printer.

kenban

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Could you print the test page from alotofthings in draft mode. In Standard mode the printing is done in two passes where the printing in draft mode is done in a single pass.

Although I think the Canon help might be correct that this is a problem that you can't fix.

What new model (Canon) that you are looking at are the cartridges not compatable with? To the best of my knowledge all the Pixma printers still use the same old BCI-6 series carts.