Canon Cli-8 Office Depot Cartridges Info..they're great for 2 reasons.

brokenjack

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes, but if I can reset the chip, doesn't that mean it's a canon cartridge(just recycled)? The chip re-setter will not reset 3rd party cartridges.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
brokenjack said:
Yes, but if I can reset the chip, doesn't that mean it's a canon cartridge(just recycled)? The chip re-setter will not reset 3rd party cartridges.
Any identifiable Canon label remnants on these carts ?
I suppose in theory, it could be an aftermarket cart with a Canon chip installed on it.
Canon carts feature a reliable two-stage foam section that the aftermarket folks have not been able to duplicate and also the (top) venting system is superior on the Canon cart.

The vent system maze and the two-stage foam section of the genuine Canon cart can be identified if you know what you're looking for.
Also some aftermarket carts have a foam section that is reduced in size, making the reservoir section larger. These are easy to spot.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Nonsense about third party cartridges not able to be reset. Pelikan, Peach, GEHA are third party manufacturers who's CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges can be reset. Only Jettec cartridges are known to be problematic according to druckerchannel.de and cannot be reset.