Canon Chip Resetter Reports

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you are talking about importing from ink.co.uk I contacted them a while ago. They kept on telling me they do not ship outside of the uk till they were blue in the face....But things might have changed now

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
brendo1988 said:
If you are talking about importing from ink.co.uk I contacted them a while ago. They kept on telling me they do not ship outside of the uk till they were blue in the face....But things might have changed now
Ok... Thanks for the info'.

Got a funeral, wedding and a honeymoon (yes it's been a bit of a roller coaster) to survive, but once that and school term start are out of the way, I'll have my new improved shop front up (virtuemart is just a nightmare!).

Oh and I have no problem exporting to Oz, IF you guys can stop exporting your blasted TV soaps to our country... Have you no shame?!! ;)

... and I apologise for the blatant sales technique... I mean, I really suck at it!

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
But the question is, Will you charge us 35 AUD for postage?

also what do you mean!? that's the least we can do...You guys exported us to Australia in the first place! have you no shame? (though they were thieves and criminals then but that is beside the point!)

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
brendo1988 said:
also what do you mean!? that's the least we can do...You guys exported us to Australia in the first place! have you no shame? (though they were thieves and criminals then but that is beside the point!)
True, but you didn't play by the rules. You lot were supposed to suffer and die out there, not create a (mostly) civilized nation, beat us at Cricket and Rugby, create the last bastion of male chauvenism and unleash Paul Hogan and Kylie on the world.

Okay, Kylie I can forgive. Mmmm Gold Hot-pants....:p

Since when did a British governments plans on law and order ever go as they said they would?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
brendo1988 said:
I did a quick rough calculation and no.. more likely to be around AU$15 - AU$20... Depends on the amount of packaging required. Part of the problem is going to be how much abuse it's likely to get on the journey. It's a pretty robust bit of kit though so it shouldn't require much!

... and yeah on the whole soap thing it's just bad all round... Ban TV I reckon... good old fashioned playing in the dirt... Did me no harm ;)

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
brendo1988 said:
(though they were thieves and criminals then but that is beside the point!)
So some of the thieves were not criminals?
Were they Politicians? - and I thought the reward for treason to ones country was a Platinum plated pension plan.
Time to revive the old school.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
websnail said:
brendo1988 said:
.. good old fashioned playing in the dirt... Did me no harm ;)
You had dirt to play in !!!!...............lucky b(*9+!!!%^& `s !!!! .

Here in the South every evening we would beaten with our dad`s strap till nearly dead then sent to bed without any supper.....................

Talking of dirt and Oz........when I was there 6 weeks ago I notice they had loads of it , like , 3/4 of the country , very Magenta in colour......in fact those canny Cobbers had made a big pile of it right near Alice Springs , and were charging the Tourists just to look at it !........and also $30A each for me and the wife to be taken round the base of it (11 miles) pillion on a Harley......................so all this talk of not being able to afford a little bit of postage is bewildering to me.....................

brendo1988

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey, in Australia we like to pray on tourists that dont know any better.

Thats why we charge 7 dollars for a beer in popular tourist pubs, and 3 dollars everywhere else ;)

Also Alice springs is a horrible place :| I hope you went somewhere truly indicative of Australia like the East coast ( Northern Rivers area)

also, 15 to 20 dollars for postage is very reasonable. I've heard that UK post is terrible in treating packages. I buy all sorts of stuff online within aussie( dvd's cases, ink etc) and Ive never had one misshap :) and its always here within 2 days via regualar post, express post its here overnight.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
brendo1988 said:
Hey, in Australia we like to pray on tourists that dont know any better.
You don't have prayer mats there? :D

Thats why we charge 7 dollars for a beer in popular tourist pubs, and 3 dollars everywhere else ;)
... and you see why you get charged so much on postage!! Karma I tell ya ;)

also, 15 to 20 dollars for postage is very reasonable. I've heard that UK post is terrible in treating packages. I buy all sorts of stuff online within aussie( dvd's cases, ink etc) and Ive never had one misshap :) and its always here within 2 days via regualar post, express post its here overnight.
Yeah, I'll have a look into it... At the moment it's very much low priority due to the 6 day countdown (yes that's all I have left as a singleton!). I'll come back to it though, assuming someone else doesn't beat me to it :)

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
brendo1988 said:
Hey, in Australia we like to pray on tourists that dont know any better
Thats why we charge 7 dollars for a beer in popular tourist pubs, and 3 dollars everywhere else ;).
Yep ! I can believe that of anywhere especially the UK, (the best criminals were`nt caught and sent to Oz they got left behind here )...... Although each of our Long Distance Coach Drivers at each "comfort stop" recommended the best and cheapest Pie Shop......funny thing they seemed to be on first name terms with all the owners..................but the pies were good.......and cheap.!

Also Alice springs is a horrible place :| I hope you went somewhere truly indicative of Australia like the East coast ( Northern Rivers area)
Alice Springs is......ummm, ...... unique .........I would think........It made all the other places look good, ....started at Perth , Rottnest , Alice , Ayers , Port Douglas , Sydney , Blue Mountains , Beechworth , Canberra , and Melbourne.........I can recommend Ozt to Websnail for his honeymoon....if he takes half a dozen Redsetters to sell there it will pay for the trip , I would think.

15 to 20 dollars for postage is very reasonable. I've heard that UK post is terrible in treating packages. I buy all sorts of stuff online within aussie( dvd's cases, ink etc) and Ive never had one misshap :) and its always here within 2 days via regualar post, express post its here overnight.
You are absolutely right about the UK post..........I just bought 5 empty CLI 8`s on e-bay.........the envelope turned up with an open flap and only 4 carts remaining.......they were loose within the envelope ...true ...but how come only one went missing?

I hope you get your Redsetter ok...I`m sure you will.