canon borderless custom paper size?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Is it possible to hack or trick canon printer driver to print borderless in custom paper size?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
From this post:
snip
This shows the sponge that runs across the full width of the printer at the 4 inch position. This printer has been used for some borderless prints, and the "end overspray" can be seen across the full length of the sponge. At the 4 inch position it can be seen that the opening over the sponge is enlarged to accept the "edge overspray" from the entire print head (about 15 mm), and the overspray from printing 4x6s can clearly be seen. At the far left edge of the previous photo, you can see the opening for the right edge of all paper sizes. These openings are why only certain paper sizes can be printed borderless even if you could hack the printer software - a full width slot must also be opened above the sponge in that position to avoid ink buildup that will transfer to the bottom of the following prints.
4Inch.jpg

Even if you could hack the borderless sizes, you probably wouldn't want to do it.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hmm, but this sponge hack could be done by anybody who knows how to use tools :D

And since A4 Borderless is supported no problems there, I just need to print long sheet of A4. But to make it borderless I need somehow to make printer print borderless.

jcpvaz

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
MP830 borderless printing on 8.5x11 paper?

I have tried what I think are all possibilities to achieve borderless printing on 8.5x11 inch letter paper. Either the image is stretched beyond the bottom and right side of the page or the image is clipped at all edges.

My computer is an Intel Mac OS X 10.5. Printer is Canon MP830.
Example page to print is at http://www.jrcarter.com/Labels_5351.pdf - this is a 3 x 11 mailing label sheet.

Anybody have any success with this? How?