Canon Black ink fade test..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
IMHO is not fair to assess the performance of one specific inkset based solely on the results obtained on the cheapest glossy media available.
I just don't see this point that any forum member is generalizing the results of such test - any tests - by @The Hat or me or Wilhelm Research or others are tests of a range of ink/paper combinations showing quite a wide variety of the results, and these are papers and inks we are actually using. Feel free to run a test with the paper(s) you are using and let us know.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Back to the point, IMHO is not fair to assess the performance of one specific inkset based solely on the results obtained on the cheapest glossy media available. Ford cars can use any kind of oil, but we better get a decent brand.
Very true, but it is what it is, and that doesn’t change the facts, the inks are not preforming for me as reported and I don’t see why I should buy quality oil either..

P.S. most users who buy 3rd party inks do so to save money and the same goes for their paper choice, and that includes me.. O’ and I didn’t like the Feckin results either.. :(

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have not seen United Office photo paper in Lidl DK for years.
The United Office copy paper is also selling here, @ €4.95 a ream, and I don’t know if these offers are still available in the UK since Brexit.. :hu

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Does it specify the manufacturer ?
No sorry.. Just the registered address.. Of manufacture maybe..

My written German is very rusty..

united paper.jpg click enlarge..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I don't see a manufacturer listed, but several references to importers in Germany, in the Czech Republic (Lidl), Lidl in Hungary , and truncated at the right bottom corner a probable reference to a country of origin - Kanada/Canada ; that all looks very much different to the Lidl/Sihl packages, Sihl in Prague was listed as the manufacturer.
But I don't think it's all that relevant as long as you are happy with the price/performance of that paper.
It is not available in Germany in the Lidl online shop, and the Sihl 0769 Quickdry is not available in the Sihl-direct.de online store either, it is just listed as a Sihl product with a min order qty of 1 pallet - which is slightly too much for me.