Canon bjc 5500 manual

marksu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi could someone please provide me user manual or service manual or both for canon bjc 5500?

I am trying to get the printer working but do not know where to start.
The display only shows the column ink level for black but nit for color.
I just got the printer so i do not know how it should display.

I installed printer driver to win2000 using windows own drivers. OS was successfull to identify the printer when installing the drivers.
When trying to print it displayes just a simple error that do not give any glues on what is wrong.

Cause I do not have manual I cant print test page directly using printer buttons as I do not know what buttons to press etc..

marksu

marksu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There is no driver for win 2000 or newer on that link that is why I used the Canon bjc 2000 included in windows 2000 installation cd.
I also tried downloading win 98 / me but that did not even install on win 2000.
I also tried dowloading drive NT4 and that did install but printing did not work on the win 2000 computer.

I would like to be able to test printing without computer.
Meaning printer should have some button press feature to get a test page.
This way I would test it without wondering about right drivers.
Problem is that I do not have Printer Guide or service manual to see how it is done.

Also possibly get a idea if it has bad ink cardridges etc...
They sead at the refill store that at least that the cartridges does have ink inside and they do not need to be refilled.
Not sure if ink is try or bad cardridges. Before buying new cardridges I would like to check the other ways.

I tried finding those manuals 1000000 times using google, but there is no free downloads anywhere?
I would be happy even if getting scanned versions of the manuals.