Canon BCi6Y.s

Danny Kiwi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations to all you Folk up there in the Northen Hemisphere from us down here at the bottom of the World in Lil Oll NEw Zealand..
Firstly thanks so much for all the Valuable Tips I have learnt from this Forum about refilling Canon Carts!!
From what I can gather the secret of not letting your Carts Leak all over the place while you are filling them is to make sure the Bottom exit hole, and the Top Air Hole is sealled correc t??
The first one i did, I used PVC electrical tape on the Bottom exit bit it did not seem to adhere..then I found a lil Rubber Seal like the original that Canon have on their Carts when they are new..which did the Trick..
Is there anything that you Folk would recommend on the top of the Cartridge to block the Air Vent Holes??
I tried using Cellotape and it did not seem to stick too well either??
Thanks in Advance and Cheers and Beers from N.Z

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
You don't need to block anything on the top of the cartridge, but the bottom outlet should be sealed. Did you save the orange caps that came with the cartridge? If so, then use that and secure it with a rubber band. Cloth duct tape will also work since the adhesive is stronger and has a thicker layer than electrical tape. Some people just use their finger over the outlet while refilling, but be sure to wear surgical or rubber gloves for obvious reasons. How did you make an opening in the top for the refill ink? That opening must be air tight when finished to avoid leakage.

Note: keep an eye out on this forum for some photos of a different method of refilling Canon cartridges. It takes only a very little bit of effort to begin with, but saves refilling time and eliminates messes. I'll be posting the update soon.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Danny Kiwi said:
Is there anything that you Folk would recommend on the top of the Cartridge to block the Air Vent Holes??
Danny,

Look at (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28) - it's a long thread with lots of ideas and discussion on the topic of sealing the refill hole. The air vent hole (on top of the sponge chamber) isn't sealed except during some non-standard refill techniques.