Canon All-in-one PIXMA MP130

badger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello folks Badger here and I am new to this . Bought a MP130 Feb 2005 . so far very few problems . only the paper loader sometimes takes 5 -6 goes at loading sheets before printing starts .Canon cartridges gave the best results but were very expensive P.C world ones were almost as good and less than half the cost Am presently using Canon approved inks from Inkrite products and these are cheaper still . One of the two glass panel nozzle scapers has snapped but does`nt seem to have made any difference. The colors do not seem as rich or as bright as they used too so am running with the density set to max to beef up the colors a bit .Now the waste ink tank is nearly full ,can anyone help in solving this problem .presently there is no way that I can afford to send this off for service . Why are customers not informed about this on purchase ?.Wishing you all a Peaceful and Happy Christmas .

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have always wondered if the set of Canon printers based on ip1500 printer engine might be the best deal on low intial cost printers. And of course the MP130 is one of them.---I have seen recent posts that an MP130 sellls for as low as $80. for at least one on line vendor.

From what I can see, the text black cartridge contains 9 ml of ink and the tri-color
come in at 5ml x 3 colors or 15 ml total. Oem costs are about $7. for the black and about $18. for the tri-color.---not especially economical.-----nor could I consider them good refill candidates.----you can't get enough ink in each cartridge to jsutify the work of refilling.-----the user would be better off with larger cartridges for teh same amount of work.

But when considers that vendors like www.bulkinkjetcarts.com have these cartridges for a dollar a cartridge in either black or tri-color, its not too hard to figure that a light duty user might really benefit.-----and find the cost over the life of printer less.-----and from the posts I have seen these printers do a good job of printing.

Real disturbing to see this poster say pieces are breaking and the waste ink tank is full-----------so I ask what are general user experiences on how long these printers last?--------and can they be a viable alternative for other higher end printers?