Canon 7D Mk II

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Pay peanuts and you get monkeys, or so it goes, you need to ramp up your shutter speed cos you missed the monkey:smack
@The Hat was right you ARE a couch potato, with a double glaze fetish:gig

Nice and sharp, nuts about the composition.... guess there would be a tall tail behind that one.... did you multi stack to eliminate the shakes? great trick I must try it myself :lol:

Great shot,

Andrew

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hand held from the armchair with IS on. I do have to leave the chair to get to the computer. I suppose A Portfolio from an Armchair might be a useful title.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Of interest are the needle like claws. You can see how they would grip on wood, but they seem to be so fine that you would think they would break or wear away quickly. Perhaps there is a new material there!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mmm.....I found the silver foil caught my eye..... Looks to be just my colour!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I do get out of the armchair, proof here. A Common Darter dragonfly, having lunch of a Brown Dung Fly.
Common Darter Lunch.jpg

I have just downloaded LightRoom 5 for the 30 day trial. Imported lots of images from the SSD and haven't a clue what to do next! It seems a lot more complex than I imagined it would be!

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I do get out of the armchair, proof here. A Common Darter dragonfly, having lunch of a Brown Dung Fly.
View attachment 2636

I have just downloaded LightRoom 5 for the 30 day trial. Imported lots of images from the SSD and haven't a clue what to do next! It seems a lot more complex than I imagined it would be!

Best advice I can give you is to write down a list of subjects (albums) eg. Family, Friends, Events, Places etc then under each one of those break it down further into sub catagories....then have a quick flick through Elements to ensure you got the main headings.

Next I would join Victoria Bamptons www.lightroomforums.net/
It's a good resource and her book makes child's play of getting up and running
Victoria is very hands on and is super helpful - she is a Pom so you should be able to communicate without too much difficulty.......?

Enjoy your 19th nervous breakdown

Cheers

Andrew

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Thanks for the information, there seems to be quite a lot of "training" on the web, it is more a question of how much you can absorb!:caf

These training videos I find are good, they don't spend time on endless preliminary information, but get straight to the bits in which you are interested.:)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLllFqBuTM0WI0fC_PujkGoLMyXWXd3yF7

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Had not seen those, thanks. My simplest ever ps book recommended by @The Hat has not turned up yet.
So I will go back to school soon.
Interestingly a couple of folks at Camera Club don't know how to behave as proper members and have started sharing ideas on processing tricks and tips, I may even get involved and share some of my own.... Scary stuff when members start acting human??!!