cannon pixma mp630

lowrider69

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
cannon pixma mp630

Hi guys i,ve bought a cannon pixma mp630 and just ran out of ink for the 1st time,
i,ve bought some what i now know is non chipped ink cartridges and they dont work so i emailed the seller and got this email back. (see below)

this item is unchipped, you need
transfer your cartridge chip to new cartridges,
and disable ink counter.

i have no ideal how to do this or to disable the ink counter but i have found the chips on the old cartridge and taken one off,
i put the chip onto the new caridge but it just falls off now am stuck as what to do next:(

do you have to glue them on or is there a diff way of doing this??

never done refilling before is it easy for a begginer and how would i go about doing it please

really gratfull for any help if you can please:)

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Ok, can you tell us what non-chipped cartridges you got? where you got them? So that we can see if there are instructions for switching the chip over. Most come with the instructions to do that, yours did not?

lowrider69

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
the details are below i bought them off ebay and no i never got any intructions with them i never knew anything about them being chipped untill yesterday

Cartridge No: PGI-520BK CLI521BK/M/C/Y
Muti-Colour No: PGI-520BK CLI521BK/M/C/Y
Capacity: 19ml PGI-520 13.5ml CLI-521
FITTED CHIP: NO
Cartridge Type: COMPATIBLE
Page Yield: 360 Pages A4@5% appox
QTY CARTRIDGE NO: COLOUR
2 X PGI-520BK BLACK
2 X CLI-521BK BLACK
2 X CLI-521C CYAN
2 X CLI-521Y YELLOW
2 X CLI-521M MAGENTA

Compatible printers

iP3600 iP4600 iP4680
MP540 MP620 MP630 MP980
MP860

lowrider69

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
my cartridges do have the chip holder built in but when i put the chip in it keeps falling off should i glue it then?? if i glue it will i be able to reuse the chip again?..hot glue..is that super glue?

thanks for helping

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Not Super glue, you'd never get them off again. The glue I am referring to is a glue stick, that gets heated/melted through using a hot glue gun, it hardens quickly, but you will be able to remove the chip for future uses. Also, I don't know where you are located, but there are chipped versions of the compatible cartridges available now, so you don't have to re-use the originals.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...w=CLI-521+with+chip&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://www.sellink.ca/compatible-and-recycled-inkjet-cartridges-canon-PIXMA-iP4600.asp

lowrider69

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
thanks for your help tigerwan i,am in the uk/england i,ve now got the chips glued to the cartridges but it wont print black it says its out of ink, i,ve been told to disable the status of ink by pressing the paper feed button for 3 secs but not so sure which is the paper feed button, you wouldent know which button it is would you??

thanks again

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
not 3 seconds: 5 seconds or longer. The paper feed button is the othe button (one is the power button).

lowrider69

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
thanks pharmacist
still bit unsure which is the paper feed button though so have taken a pic can anyone tell me which button it is please,
do i press the paper feed button for 5 secs or more as i print or when i put the printer on do i have to press it for every print i do??

thanks

printer2.jpg